This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *twitch* (long.)

OK, I have to rant. I've been working all weekend and I need to vent my rage.

I'm usually on garments, tidying clothes, helping customers bla bla. Fun times. Anyway, so at the end of the day, you know, getting into the last 20 or so minutes, we must start tidying. The bigwig folk at Head Office like to have the shop spaced, which means that all the clothes on the hangers must be equally apart....like so: (T = hanger)
    T T T T T T

It's total madness and time consuming! It does look teh pretty though and apparently gives the shop that "boutique" "upper class" image. Whatevers.

So I'll happily space away with a customer practically watching me tidy as they casually browse around the shop....I don't know how many times I've turned my back and then heard
    *SCREEEEEECH* as they just rip through the rack of clothes to inspect a garment. Couldn't you have looked neatly?!? It makes me want to weep, because it means I'll just have to go back and tidy it again. Very frustrating. I had a customer on Saturday say "oooh sorry and you'd just tidied up!" before wreaking further destruction, to which I wish I'd replied..."Yes. Yes I had." Instead I just smiled. I swear, once a woman saw me tidying, it was 4pm on a Sunday (closing time YAY!) and as she was on her way out she looked at me and then randomly started pulling at clothes. I glared and then said sweetly "Thanks very much...BAI!"

Also, today I was on home furnishings. Some people honestly are so rude. Who else hates it when your very clearly on the phone and someone will start talking to you?
    Me: *on phone* *ring ring*
    Mr. Rude: These curtains I broken and I need another set.
    Me: *blinks* Right.

Could it not just wait 2 minutes?!

Oh...and if you come in my shop at 5 to four, asking for the world, don't expect me to be very happy about it. A woman was browsing with her clan and then asked
    "Oh what time do you close?"
    "We close at four."
    "Oh what time is it now?"
    "It's....four o-clock."
    "Ah I see."

AND CARRIES ON LOOKING. Please go home. I want to go there myself sometime soon.

Thanks and goodnight.

On a happier note...I did see the hot guy from Phones4U. Joy.
    Last edited by Liselotte; 09-16-2007, 06:38 PM.
    ~a lass unparallel'd~

Who else hates it when your very clearly on the phone and someone will start talking to you.
    <raises hand> Me!! If you come to my counter before the phone rings, then I will help you first. If I am already on the phone, your mere presence in front of my face does not give you priority. Sorry. (Not really.)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

. Who else hates it when your very clearly on the phone and someone will start talking to you?
      I do, I do!

Not long after I started my current job, I was on the phone answering a customer carryout call when some guy tried to summon me for help with something.

When I hung up the phone and asked him what I could help him with, he got all pissy and said I had a bad attitude and he was going to tell my manager and get me fired and make me unable to hold down any job better than pumping out septic tanks to support my methamphetamine addiction.

Or something like that.

No, nothing came of it, before you ask.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        make me unable to hold down any job better than pumping out septic tanks
        Ah, yes, a job where you need absolutely NO training, in such things as: Sewage systems; how to operate machinery; driving; and so on. Oh, no, you can get that job any time you need.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          Ah, yes, a job where you need absolutely NO training, in such things as: Sewage systems; how to operate machinery; driving; and so on. Oh, no, you can get that job any time you need.
          even if you're a meth-head
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Once again I see sarcasm is lost on some people.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Liselotte View Post
              OK, I have to rant. I've been working all weekend and I need to vent my rage.

I'm usually on garments, tidying clothes, helping customers bla bla. Fun times. Anyway, so at the end of the day, you know, getting into the last 20 or so minutes, we must start tidying. The bigwig folk at Head Office like to have the shop spaced, which means that all the clothes on the hangers must be equally apart....like so: (T = hanger)
              T T T T T T

It's total madness and time consuming! It does look teh pretty though and apparently gives the shop that "boutique" "upper class" image. Whatevers.

So I'll happily space away with a customer practically watching me tidy as they casually browse around the shop....I don't know how many times I've turned my back and then heard
              *SCREEEEEECH* as they just rip through the rack of clothes to inspect a garment. Couldn't you have looked neatly?!? It makes me want to weep, because it means I'll just have to go back and tidy it again. Very frustrating. I had a customer on Saturday say "oooh sorry and you'd just tidied up!" before wreaking further destruction, to which I wish I'd replied..."Yes. Yes I had." Instead I just smiled. I swear, once a woman saw me tidying, it was 4pm on a Sunday (closing time YAY!) and as she was on her way out she looked at me and then randomly started pulling at clothes. I glared and then said sweetly "Thanks very much...BAI!"

Oh...and if you come in my shop at 5 to four, asking for the world, don't expect me to be very happy about it. A woman was browsing with her clan and then asked
              "Oh what time do you close?"
              "We close at four."
              "Oh what time is it now?"
              "It's....four o-clock."
              "Ah I see."

AND CARRIES ON LOOKING. Please go home. I want to go there myself sometime soon.

Thanks and goodnight.

On a happier note...I did see the hot guy from Phones4U. Joy.
              I feel your pain; worked yesterday from 5 until 10:30pm (we close at 9) - we too must make everything "pretty" before we can go home, board folding piles of clothes, clipping hanging things, and straightening them...and i cannot tell you how pissed off it makes me to see the nice, neat pile you JUST put back, all messed up again, knowing it was the ONE customer who just left.

We had a customer one night, right at closing, and she is demanding, and cannot focus on anything for more than a second. She also has a bad habit of snatching things from piles, while managing to destroy the rest of the things on said pile. She was in, and we were having a "visit" the next day, so i spent 15 minutes running around, trying to grab things off piles she was headed for, to minimize the damage! She finally left, after dismissing everything, saying she "wasn't going to spend THAT much on her stepmother!"

And we are not allowed to tell people we are closed, we can lock the doors, but anyone still in the store can stay as long as they want...and i love the clueless looks when they ask "when do you close?" you say 9, and they say, "oh, i'll be done in a minute" while bringing 10+ items in to try on! They KNOW, they just choose to be difficult and entitled!

Comment

The people at American Eagle always look at me funny because I'll go to the discount racks, sigh heavily, and start picking clothes up off the floor, inspect the sizes, and put them back where they belong. I know that they only have 2-4 people working at once and it's very difficult to tidy up a store when hordes of teenage kids are coming in and ripping clothes off the hangers!

It used to happen all the time at the young lady's store. I always spent the last hour of operation tidying up the clothes, especially bras and panties!
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I have had a real asshat walk up to my counter while I was on the phone with a customer. He saw me on the phone and as I was going over the last details of the customers order he starts banging his hand on the counter. I politely ask phone cusotomer to hold on one second, and put her on hold. I tell Mr. Asshat that i will be with him in one minute, I just need to finish this customer first. He doesn't like this and starts whining for a few seconds and stops. i go back to phone call and not more than 30 seconds later i finish the call ad go back to MR. Asshat. He decides he will not talk to a "worthless human like me and DEMANDS A F'ING MANAGER" I page manager and tell him him the situation. The manager comes down, and MOD approached and says "I hope your not a retard like the people you hire!" Mr. Asshat is asked to leave the store, he does only after we threaten to call local Police.

Comment

Once again I see sarcasm is lost on some people.
                    Lost AND misplaced. Your tax dollars at work!
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

People use to do that all the time at Aero. I hated closing Saturday nights because it looked like a tornado hit our store, everything was in piles, on the floor, etc.

I've had associates at clothing stores comment before because I refold/hang everything before I put it back.. one girl was like, "You've definately worked in retaill before" when I was folding some jeans up.

Comment

I had a similiar experience at the library on Saturday, thanks to two preteen girls who "had" to pull out almost every single animal book in the children's room. I guess they were working on something for school, but they left a huge pile of books scattered on one of the tables, and it took me almost 20 minutes to get everything cleaned up and sorted.

Comment

No, nothing came of it, before you ask.
                          How dare you read my mind like that??
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X