Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had three guys come up to my beer stand last week, obviously a dad and his two sons(quite a family resemblance). Anyway, dad orders three beers and I ask for sons' IDs. Well, only one son has an ID so only one son gets a beer. Dad laughs and tells other boy "Hahaha, bet you won't forget that ID next time, your YOUNGER brother got a beer and you didn't". He then tips me and walks away happily sipping his beer.

Too funny, cos he could've gone SC and ranted and raved but Dad just used the opportunity to teach his son a little life lesson. I wish more customers were like that.

Comment

I used to have a place that I would go and buy smokes . . .the clerk knew me as a customer to the point that as I walked up he was grabbing what I would be buying. Meaning on several prior occassions he had seen my I.D.
      One day the customer after me was carded and started to whine about "she didn't get carded"
      The clerk said shes a regular - jerk said prove it - clerk said I handed her what she wanted without her ever speaking - jerk shut up and handed over ID

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
        Dad laughs and tells other boy "Hahaha, bet you won't forget that ID next time, your YOUNGER brother got a beer and you didn't". He then tips me and walks away happily sipping his beer.
        Score! That dad rocks! I wonder if the other boy will actually remember that now...
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
          Sounds almost identical to the situation I had with the guy who wanted me to sell him cigs because he had his supposed birthday tattooed on his arm

Apparently "fuck" and "shit" are the main two words in the vocabulary of these people.
          What your store needs is a (prominently displayed) policy:
          For each profanity you use between our initial request for your ID and when you present it, we will treat you as one year younger than your actual age.

In other words, a 25 year old who uses 5 swear words doesn't get his beer.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            What your store needs is a (prominently displayed) policy:
            For each profanity you use between our initial request for your ID and when you present it, we will treat you as one year younger than your actual age.

In other words, a 25 year old who uses 5 swear words doesn't get his beer.
            Do you really think the customers will have enough brain cells to rub together to understand that?

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
              I used to have a place that I would go and buy smokes . . .the clerk knew me as a customer to the point that as I walked up he was grabbing what I would be buying. Meaning on several prior occassions he had seen my I.D.
              One day the customer after me was carded and started to whine about "she didn't get carded"
              The clerk said shes a regular - jerk said prove it - clerk said I handed her what she wanted without her ever speaking - jerk shut up and handed over ID
              My typical response to such customers is to ignore their whining. I figure it's really none of their business how I serve other customers, so I don't owe them any explanations. I know I don't play favorites, and that's all that matters as far as I am concerned. I just give them the blank stare, "I don't know what you're talking about."

I apply the same basic standards to every customer. All beer customers are carded per state law regardless of age. I don't care how well we know one another. No ID, no beer, no exceptions! Tobacco and lottery restrictions don't require carding, but store policy does state that anyone who appears under the age of 40 should be carded. Ephedrine products not only require an ID by law, but I must fill out a log with your name, address, and what kind of product you bought, and you must sign it. Ephedrine is a royal pain, and I wish they'd just go ahead and stop selling it. Unless I know the customer as a regular, I'm prone to card for all age-restricted purchases, period. If they don't like it, that's too bad. They're welcome to go out the same door through which they came in.

Other than that, the customer's attitude toward me determines how good my service toward them will be. I'm talkative with the customers I've come to like, less conversational but still friendly with ones I don't know, and barely civil toward the ones I've grown to dislike. I guess that's typical for all of us, though.
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
                A part of me wants to be a smartass and ask them, if you come here everyday, ask me what your name is. Then that'll shut them up.
                Personally, I'd ask them "If you come in here everyday, why don't you just work here and get paid for it?"

Quoth daleduke17 View Post
                Imagine if the customer not carded was the clerk's twin sibling. Imagine the fun that could be had there. :-p
                Heh. As I've mentioned before, my own (identical) twin sister would card me.

Hmmmmm...I should stop in her place of employment and see if she still would.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                X