Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm seriously going to get fired over this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I have read from your posts you seem like you would be a good fit for a stint in the Air Force. Whatever you do I am sure with your skills and worth ethic you will be able to find success doing something that will put you in a more positive situation. If you are able to hold those sales figures now, what can you do in a job with bosses who are supportive and encouraging?
    The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
    If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Quoth aniwahya View Post
      From what I have read from your posts you seem like you would be a good fit for a stint in the Air Force. Whatever you do I am sure with your skills and worth ethic you will be able to find success doing something that will put you in a more positive situation. If you are able to hold those sales figures now, what can you do in a job with bosses who are supportive and encouraging?
      Biased here, since I am an AF brat myself. I say go into the Air Force and fly high, young man!
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I may have missed something, but did you get fired or quit? I don't know much about the furniture business, but I got to figure it is a lot like the car business. In that the best salesmen don't have to worry about a job. Just get your sales numbers for the past few months and go around to the other stores. Being a salesman is all about selling, and if you can sell, there is always a job out there for you. Always.

Never, ever, ever, ever sign a warning. Never. Companies bully employees into a corner with fear of losing a job, just so they can get a warning signed. Then the company just has to wait less than a month, find something stupid to write you up over, and then fire you. If you try to contest it in any way, they have the signed warnings. They don't have to pay you severance, they don't have to pay you commission, they can keep the govt. from giving you unemployment, etc. Signed warnings only benefit the company. Now, if you are making over $40k you might want to consider keeping the job and just signing. But I wouldn't sign one for less. They are a black mark on your record, and usually an unfair one.
        Last edited by Customer Beating Robot; 09-24-2007, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Actually, CBR, most places that give writeups also have a procedure for refusal to sign. They just get someone to witness that you were indeed informed of the write up, and it still counts against you. I find the best thing to do is to "sign under protest." That way, you acknowledge that you recieved it, but under unfair circumstances. Because that thing's going in your file either way. If it's under protest, someone somewhere might want to know why.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I spent a little time at Walter Reed during the 70's and it was a good place then. At least they removed all the shrapnel from my legs and got me healed up without an infection, I can't say that for the hospital in RVN or Tokoyo.

Kus I never served in the Air Force, but I did get to protect some of their bases. Anyways regardless of what you see on TV all braches of the military are very high stress at times and you can't get away. Once you take that final oath they have you for however long they want to keep you and you don't have any say in what you do or where you do it. I loved the Army you get to go to interesting places, see interesting things, meet interesting folks and kill them and break their play-purties but that's just me and the Army. The Air Force and Navy generally have the best accomodations, food, and equipment. One thing that the Chair Force has right is that they send their officers to do the fighting while the elisted (for the most part) stay behind for the Army or Marine Corp to protect.
            I would suggest that you think the AF over long and hard it not an easy life.
            Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

I hope the Ethan Allen job is still open. If you feel you have to go into the military, then the Air Force is probably the safest choice you can make. It used to be the Coast Guard, but that changed with the "War on Drugs."

We all wish you the best, Kus.

I had something similar happen to me, not as severe, but I was the top salesperson in the department and they were willing to screw me over for the sake of the manager, who ended up leaving with no notice a few months later. Companies make really stupid, bad decisions all the time. Unfortunately, good humans suffer for them.
              Last edited by wagegoth; 09-25-2007, 11:51 PM.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Actually, CBR, most places that give writeups also have a procedure for refusal to sign. They just get someone to witness that you were indeed informed of the write up, and it still counts against you. I find the best thing to do is to "sign under protest." That way, you acknowledge that you recieved it, but under unfair circumstances. Because that thing's going in your file either way. If it's under protest, someone somewhere might want to know why.
                Actually BJ I have to disagree. My bro is in the HR admin at a very large copper mining company in the west. He has his masters in HR admin which includes a lot of administrative law and decisions relating to HR including dealing with administrative law judges and the laws regarding employment. I checked with him on this in one of my own related write-ups and he told me "If you DO NOT sign a write up, even if they have someone witness that you saw it, it means you did not agree to that write up. An ALJ may decide that that particular write up has no merit and toss it out. Basically what it comes down to is that if you don't sign it and can legitimately contest it and/or the circumstances surrounding the write up it usually will get thrown out and can't be counted against you in your employment history at that company. Then if the company fires you on the basis of that write up you have legal recourse for wrongful termination and charges of hostile work environment and can be awarded punitive damages (and pain and suffering if your health suffers and you document it with the doctor) should it escalate to a legal battle.

However, if you sign it, you have NO legal recourse unless there are extenuating circumstances (such as health reasons) or you signed with a note (under duress), but technically they cannot force you to sign it and you should not if you don't agree."

Now the fact of the matter is that it is a hostile work environment and if Kus documents what his DM said as well as the fact that the lady did pay for the chair and they waited 2 DAYS to tell him that....that is going to SCREAM hostile work environment to an ALJ. esp. if the manager or DM knows of the state of Kus's health. That right there is enough for unemployment if he gets fired and possibly a legal suit for wrongful termination. I might even take it to the fair labor board in his state if I were him.
                Last edited by Brightglaive; 09-24-2007, 08:17 PM.
                You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Quoth Brightglaive View Post
                  Actually BJ I have to disagree. My bro is in the HR admin at a very large copper mining company in the west. He has his masters in HR admin which includes a lot of administrative law and decisions relating to HR including dealing with administrative law judges and the laws regarding employment.
                  As a Canadian, my grasp of US law is limited in many regards, especially more esoteric areas. I bow to the knowledge garnered here.

P.S. Don't call me BJ.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                  X