Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny you should mention that. Where my parents live, there's no HOA, but that didn't stop the idiots next door from trying to complain about my brother's graduation party. Yep, the cops got called over the "excessive" noise, and "too many" cars parked along the street. However, as it was during the day, and the cars were legally parked, there wasn't a damn thing they could do about it.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

giggle seeing the mass distruction ive seen if the HOA around her got uppity i would laugh so much

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
        Also depends on where you live . . .there are city codes/ rules that have to be followed which should be researched before buying a property.
        Then you have some areas that have HOA's that you have to get approval if you want to plant a tree, or change an exterior light fixture etc.
        And in some areas you may not even own the trees. We looked at one piece of property where someone else had the timber rights.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
        ~Clerks

Comment

Trees

Quoth SuperB View Post
          And in some areas you may not even own the trees. We looked at one piece of property where someone else had the timber rights.
          Here in Ontario, Canada certain trees are termed as minerals. And mineral rights are purchased separately from the government. So we can cut some tree types but not others.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            Here in Ontario, Canada certain trees are termed as minerals. And mineral rights are purchased separately from the government. So we can cut some tree types but not others.
            Trees as minerals???

And I thought our government was screwed up?
            I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

There are areas in Texas (only state I know for proof positive) that have multiple owners. One owns the mineral rights and another the land rights.

Typically the gestapo esq. HOA are not found in areas that are sold like this . . .
              Also, in situations where the HOA is in control (in Texas) it is explained prior to the purcahse of a property. The person who wants to buy has the opportunity to make themselves familiar with the rules and regs before a sale goes to closing. In otherwords, if you don't want to live in a highly board controled neighborhood - you don't have to.

Comment

The HOA in the neighborhood I live in now is pretty lenient. Heck, my next door neighbors used to have chickens as pets.

The only problem I have with them is that when someone in the neighborhood has a yard sale, they let people park on both sides of the street. Well, these are pretty narrow streets, and with cars on both sides, nobody can get through. There's also only one way in or out of the subdivision, so a back way is not an option. Next time it happens, I'm calling the sheriff's office. If there was an emergency, someone would be screwed if they needed an emergency vehicle to get to them.

The HOA at my parents' house is a nightmare. They actually drive around at night checking to see if your front lights are on. If the bulb is out, you get a fine. The guy who lives across the street has been dubbed the "Light Bulb Nazi" by my family. He wishes he was the president of the HOA, and loves to stick his nose in everyone's business. Of course, nobody does anything about the real problems in the neighborhood, like the peeping tom.

Comment

Quoth TrainedChimp View Post
                  Trees as minerals???

And I thought our government was screwed up?
                  Yeah, it's typically due to rarity in the world and uses. For example, Cedar trees only Grow in BC up here, and are used for most high end products, so they are not cheap to get, usually prepared in the province, and as such need to be managed very carefully. Same for the Canadian Maple on the eastern part of the country, as those are used mainly for high end and finishing products as well as the sap for syrup.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    Check out one man's scathing indifference to his busybody neighbors:

http://www.thewvsr.com/gargoyle.htm

*Drools&
                    Oh wow! Is he single? I will marry him today! He should keep his gargoyle and don't let them fundy fucktards push him around!

Comment

The only HOA I had a problem with was in a friend's subdivison. My friend had somebody over constantly and they'd usually park in the driveway as one parent was always out of the house. One day I happened to be over and both parents were in the house for once so I had to park on the street. I parked making sure I wasn't obstructing anything and even the parents said it was alright. Jump to 10 PM, I'm leaving as I have to work. I find a note on the windshield, wasn't a ticket but a HOA note. It told me that my car was causing a distraction to the sights (Eyesore) and that I was blocking the road (Wasn't) and was told that if it happened again that I would be towed.

As a (then) parking employee I laughed, got a sheet of paper and wrote:

Dear HOA president, I see various cars that are visual distractions around this neighborhood constantly and it could be that most of the cars belong to teenagers! I am one myself and my car is owned by a teenager aka me. As for my car obstructing traffic, I work in parking and I know when a car obstructs the road. Just to let you know where I work, I work at Whiskeyclone.
                      Never had a problem with them again.
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                      X