X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeat callers.

Me: *typical opening call schpiel*
    Screamer: I WANT MINUTES ON MY F$#^%&^ PHONE YOU BETTER PUT THEM ON NOW YOU LAZY SONS OF B^%%#! YOU MOTHERF##$% WHAT IS THE F$#^% PROBLEM HERE?!!!
    Me: Ma'am I am not going to help you until you call down.
    Screamer: *insert frighteningly high-pitched shrieking here* AHHH!! AAARRGGGHHH!! GODDAMMIT YOU STUPID F#@%$% PEOPLE GET THIS SHIT DONE NOW BEFORE I COME DOWN THERE AND RIP YOU ALL NEW ....*becomes unintelligible*
    Me: Ma'am you are screaming so loud, I cannot understand anything you're saying. You really need to calm down.
    Screamer: *more high pitched shrieking I cannot make a word out of*
    Me: *finally just speaking over her* All right Ma'am, I'm disconnecting this call now, we're getting nowhere. Thank you for calling. *disconnect*

Six minutes later...

Phone rep John says his opening call schpiel.
    Ma'am, please stop screaming at me.
    No Ma'am, I'm not helping you until you stop screaming abuse at me.
    All right Ma'am, I'm disconnecting now.
    Turns to me and says "Jane Smith?"
    "Yup."
    "5 bucks she calls back in less than 10."

5 minutes later...

Phone rep Maryann does her opening call schpiel.
    several seconds of silence. Maryann hits mute and starts busting up laughing.
    "Looks like I got her this time!"
    Maryann: *off mute* Ma'am do you want us to help you or not?
    Well then I suggest you calm down and let us do our jobs.
    No Ma'am, I am not being rude, in fact you are being extremely rude to me, and if you call me that again I'm going to hang up on you.
    All right Ma'am, have a nice day. *disconnect*

5 minutes later...

Me: *opening call schpiel*
    Screamer: I'VE ALREADY SPOKEN TO YOU! I WANT YOUR SUPERVISOR NOW, YOU DUMB B#$%! HOW DARE YOU HANG UP ON ME! I WILL HAVE THE JOBS OF EVERYONE IN YOUR DEPARTMENT! GET YOUR SUPERIOR RIGHT THIS F#$%$% MINUTE YOU COW!
    Me: *hits mute and thinks for a second: do I want to hang up, or should I pass the fun onto my supervisor? Decide to let lead in on the fun. Dial lead*
    Lead: Oh, so she finally gets around to escalating, huh.
    Me: Dude, she's all yours.

Lead: What seems to be the problem, Ma'am?
    Well you know, Ma'am, if you didn't scream and call them filthy names, you would probably get much better service from them.
    There is nothing wrong with the way I'm speaking to you Ma'am, I'm just telling you the truth.
    Well they have the right to disconnect someone who is verbally abusing them.
    No, Ma'am, they are not expected to put up with your abuse.
    That's correct Ma'am.
    Feel free to threaten me all you want, Ma'am, I find it rather amusing. Really? How do you spell that?

Lead says at this point she was reduced to gasping for air like a fish out of water.
    I love that guy.
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Suggestion for your lead:

'Ma'am, the only people who are paid to put up with abuse like that are psychiatric nurses. '
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

That is crazy! Oddly enough when I worked for a wrieless company we had a caller much like that, who would just scream. She started calm and the just kept calling back screaming and then she would just yell strings of expletives, this happened for about an hour or so. Somehow one of the escalation agents got her to calm down and opened her account, the woman was a doctor. Now you would THINK that someone with an MD or a PhD would have some form of sanity, but no.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
        Feel free to threaten me all you want, Ma'am, I find it rather amusing. Really? How do you spell that?
        *snicker*

How do you spell that, indeed. Your manager amuses me greatly.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So, did you get the 5 bucks?
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            How do you spell that, indeed. Your manager amuses me greatly.

Yeah, that comment had me cracking up. And he's known for his supremely mellow, nearly deadpan voice when he says stuff like that.

Lordlunar: Nah, but he lent me a dollar so I could buy some chips tonight.
            Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

At least that lady gave you all a good laugh.
              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Lead: What seems to be the problem, Ma'am?
                Well you know, Ma'am, if you didn't scream and call them filthy names, you would probably get much better service from them.
                There is nothing wrong with the way I'm speaking to you Ma'am, I'm just telling you the truth.
                Well they have the right to disconnect someone who is verbally abusing them.
                No, Ma'am, they are not expected to put up with your abuse.
                That's correct Ma'am.

Lead says at this point she was reduced to gasping for air like a fish out of water.
                I love that guy.
                OWNED! That was awesome!

Now, whats the bet she'll call in again and be nasty like that?
                The customer is NEVER right! Unless they're nice...

Comment

Quoth nwwaew View Post
                  Now, whats the bet she'll call in again and be nasty like that?
                  Sadly, probably pretty good. Some people just never learn.
                  Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

OMG! GK's being duplicated! Or is possibly a duplicate. Depends on who's older.

"Why yes, waffle cones ARE awesome!"
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

And after being hung up on 4 times in a row, she still seriously thinks she's going to get somewhere by screaming obscenities and cursing? WTF?

Someone get her a pacifier . . .
                      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                        Someone get her a pacifier . . .
                        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Well, we have the Unholy Trinity right here:
                          The Kara, The Gravekeeper, and The PhoneGoddess
                          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                          X