This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Ross is AMAZING

I used to like to catch episodes of "The Joy of Painting" on Saturday mornings.

Here's one where Bob Ross uses grays and whites to paint a scene. Absolutely amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-ousb8-SD0
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

He's recently gotten a new round of fans by way of the AMSR thing. Apparently his mellow sound is just right to trigger it for a lot of folks.

Comment

You can catch the Bob Ross Twitch Stream almost all of the time. They started it for the anniversary of his show and it was so popular that they didn't stop it.
      Last edited by Arcus; 05-13-2019, 03:36 AM.

Comment

They missed out on the chance to call the stream "Happy Little Clouds"
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          They missed out on the chance to call the stream "Happy Little Clouds"
          And Bob Ross could rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGN5xaQkFk0
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Bob Ross used to be the senior NCO of the whole Air Force. He did the painting thing to de-stress.

Evidently he was a bit of a perfectionist about his show, though.
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
            X