X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Low At Chuck E. Cheese...

http://consumerist.com/2014/05/02/ma...snatching-fun/

The lead-in says it all...

"For decades, Chuck E. Cheese’s has been a place where parents could bring their kids for wholesome activities like chowing down on overpriced pizza, running around uncontrollably, and playing around in pits of plastic balls that you convince yourself aren’t covered in germs. But one man in Washington state recently added another game to the mix, called 'Go steal some purses and give them to me.'”

I'm not sure what could happen next to top this...

Sick how people will use kids like that. Some mistakenly think that if they get caught, they will get off because they can plead ignorance, saying "I didn't know the kids were doing that!"

Had a woman at the mall load up her little kids' backpacks with stuff; when she got caught she tried to shift the blame, saying she didn't know what they had done and screaming at them...only she was on camera loading up their packs and putting them on the kids!

Some people also think that if the stolen items aren't in their possesion when caught, they can't be charged; they can if it can be proven that they were party to (had knowledge of) the theft.

This guy is SOL
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

As criminal behavior goes, this is actually pretty clever.

If you're going to steal purses, why not do it someplace where the owners are going to be distracted by their kids tearing around the place in fun overload?
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        ...and playing around in pits of plastic balls that you convince yourself aren’t covered in germs.
        There are far worse things than just 'germs' on those multi-colored orbs >_>
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

According to a friend of mine who worked at a chuckee, the ball pit balls do get scrubbed. Once a month, when the special van makes it's rounds. The van has two vacuum tubes and a washing system inside of it. They snake a hose into the pit that sucks the balls up and sends them into the van where they go through the scrubber, then into a dryer and out another hose into giant net bags. Once the balls are all bagged, they scrub the inside of the pit and drag out whatever detrius is left at the bottom. Including, but not limited to shoes, clothing, chunks of food, piles of vomit, dirty diapers, etc.

Other horror stories abound of items found, of course. Only time I KNOW of something "naughty" happening in a ball pit was @ a burger joint in my hometown, years ago. Two employees had assignations in the ball pit and left a condom, to be found by a young'un. Firings and a lawsuit ensued, as you would expect.

Comment

Dirtbag thieves and my own forgetfulness are why I don't carry a purse. Wallet, phone, hankie. If it can't fit in my pockets, I don't need it.

Don't know how many times I've been in a store and found a cart with a purse in the front unattended or with the owner, back turned, halfway down the isle. Having dealt with MANY reports of stolen purses at work, I always tell them that that's a very bad idea!

And tying the straps of the purse around the cart might not help either. Newest thing I encountered was just the wallet being stolen out of the purse, so you don't know you've been victimized until a good half-hour later when you get to the register. Plenty of time for the thieves to get away.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
            X