Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like Tab. We sell it here at Kroger and Meijer. My dad used to drink the hell out of that stuff and I still drink it once in a while. Bonus is, nobody else at work likes it so nobody steals it out of the work fridge.

Comment

This was the scene yesterday. I'm on SCO duty, E is running the front but ASM2 is also on duty so E leaves me alone.

A certain frozen dinner is on sale for $1.88--darn good deal if you ask me.

SC calls me over by waving her arms like a deranged chimp (I wish I could just ignore those people completely). The original reason is that she flung something down the belt and it returned it but didn't set off the 'assistance needed' sensor so I had no way of knowing (those can usually be solved by the SC reading the screen prompts, but we know that never happens).

Me: "You should be all set."
      SC: "Excuse me, I think this price is wrong. These should be $1.88 and it's not scanning. (smugly) I believe that I get it for free."
      Me *knowing exactly what happened*: "The price is correct."
      SC: "It should be $1.88! I get it for free!"
      Me: "No, see here. Original price is $3--"
      SC: "It's not scanning that way! Give it to me for free!"
      Me: "Let me finish or you're not leaving with anything. Original price is $3, but do you see this red line here? This says you save $1.12. What's $3 minus $1.12?"
      SC: (some of the wind is out of her sails, but...) "You're still overcharging me!"
      I void the other item off her order and hit Total. As expected, $1.88.
      SC: "How did you do that? You're still trying to scam me!"
      Me: "The price is correct. If you don't want it I'd be happy to take it off."
      SC: "No, I need this!"
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

It must have been a customer who couldn't improve her math skills past the second grade level and had to be in "special" classes for the rest of her educational career, but she feels like she's the goddess of all she sees just because she's married to someone important and it raises her entitlement level.

Comment

Around here, you're probably spot on. That, or she's had everything handed to her/done for her as a child so expects the same as an 'adult'.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post

SC: "Excuse me, I think this price is wrong. These should be $1.88 and it's not scanning. (smugly) I believe that I get it for free."
            ... And I believe that gets me a full line on my 'Dumb Things Customer Say That They Think Are Amusing' bingo card!
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
              This was the scene yesterday.
              I hate how the sale prices are shown now. If they scan their card last, it's very hard to tell what savings comes off which item unless you know the sale price. One of the few things where the functionality of the old system was far superior; it listed what the savings came off of if the card wasn't scanned first, and the sale price was clearly marked.

Comment

Quoth Firecrackers Not Included View Post
                I have many customers who go through a 12pack or more a day. One lady buys a pack of "Tab" every day to mix with her rum. How she still survives is a mystery.
                Simple - she uses cheap rum. If she used Pyrat Cask, somebody we know would be facing murder charges.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X