Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in a pharmacy that also has cigarettes behind the main register. I cannot tell you HOW many times someone will walk up to the register and say "Marlboro".

Ummm, Marlboro makes over 20 kinds of cigarette flavors (that we carry, there may be more). Don't say "Marlboro" and then look at me like I'm the IDIOT!!!!

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
      I work in a pharmacy that also has cigarettes behind the main register. I cannot tell you HOW many times someone will walk up to the register and say "Marlboro".

Ummm, Marlboro makes over 20 kinds of cigarette flavors (that we carry, there may be more). Don't say "Marlboro" and then look at me like I'm the IDIOT!!!!
      Or even worse, walk up to the counter and only say 'I want a pack of cigarettes' and then stand there and say nothing more.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        I just learned this recently after challenging it as an acronym in a Scrabble game. Had no idea.
        Awesome ^_^

Oo! Oo! Good news! We're having a sale on banal responses that are just right for that situation! Our specials in that department today are "The More You Know" (comes bundled w/<star effect>) and "Knowing is Half the Battle" (comes with pistol attachment that drops accuracy by 90%). Thank you for shopping with us today at SarcastiMart!

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
        Worse, I have had people admit the equipment has been acting up for the last 3-6 months, but they could not bother to call for tech support.
        Just had this happen yesterday, but I was playing the home game. My brother called me and told me that his better half's was actin up. I called her and had her describe the issues. She did so, and I recommended a System Restore -- I then asked her how long the thing had been having these problems....Her response: "Since we got it." I'm going over there today to see for myself.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
          "Where are your TVs?"
          "In the far left corner in 'entertainment'"
          "Where's that?"
          "At the risking of repeating myself, in the far left corner"

I have no idea how I didn't get fired
          I go through this exact same thing multiple times a day some day. A lot of these SCs don't listen anyway, so as long as I sound sorta polite/neutral I don't get in trouble.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

What's worse is that I finished my tenure at the 'mart in said entertainment section.

"Do you sell cameras?"
            *looks quite obviously down at the display cabinet between customer and myself*
            "Yep"

And yes, display cabinet held nothing but cameras....

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
              Yes, there is more. A friend of mine went to Mexico (I think) and got a carton of Marlboro Ice Express for cheap. There are probably tons more all over the world.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
                Or even worse, walk up to the counter and only say 'I want a pack of cigarettes' and then stand there and say nothing more.
                ^THIS. It really gets on my nerves when customers do that, or worse, say "I'll have my usual" and look at me expectantly. Look, cretin, unless you're one of our nice regulars, I don't know who the hell you are and what you smoke! The people who pull this one are always someone who I can't recall ever seeing in my life.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Now to be fair, we are missing some wonderful 'How this person has not earned a Darwin prize yet' examples. Lets see if some can say it with me (because they know it BY heart)

"Yes I need a book" In a library OR book store. Well let's see *Looks at the rows and rows and rows of books. "Nope we don't sell books" Thanks for playing.. Here's your sign.

Second verse, very similar to the other "Yeah, I need to buy a book, it has a blue cover. Come on you have to know what it is.. It is on TV ALL the time."

"Yes I want an ice cream" While at a Dairy Queen. Yes they sell more then ice cream.. but come on.. the workers are not psychic people. (I believe the default is vanilla.. but of course that is the wrong kind)...

Can't forget Subs from subway, coffee from starbucks, hamburger from places like "Wendy's" ... Ok this is making me depressed.. I am sure others have things that can be added to 'the list' (Paint from any paint section of just about any store that sells paint for instance). So have fun..I am going to try to go and cry for humanity in some dark corner somewhere.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Pizza.

There's a world of difference between an individual, stone-baked cheese-and-tomato (whatever those are called locally) and a jumbo family-sized deep-pan stuffed-crust meat-lover's supreme. With anchovies.

"Yeah I wanna pizza..."

Comment

As some of you know, I work for the Big Yellow Price Tag. What kills me is how UNOBSERVANT so many of my customers are. At our entrance, as one scans from left to right, you can immediately see the cash registers, customer service, tablets, the far back wall with a very visible and rather large Microsoft Windows sign, mobile phones and home theater. There are also these MASSIVE BLUE RINGS hanging from the ceiling with various other department names on them.

It never fails. I can be in the far left hand corner, which is car stereos and someone will ask me, "Where are your iPads?"

How the hell did this person even drive to my store if they can't see something that's at eye level right as they walk in? It's even worse when they're standing in the very department they're looking for!
                      Last edited by Mike Taylor; 08-13-2014, 05:28 AM.
                      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        "Yes I need a book" In a library OR book store. Well let's see *Looks at the rows and rows and rows of books. "Nope we don't sell books" Thanks for playing.. Here's your sign.

Second verse, very similar to the other "Yeah, I need to buy a book, it has a blue cover.
                        In the early 80's I worked in a book store, and I really DID get that call about a book with a blue cover! "You know, the one with the torso on it? Do you have it in stock?"

I was actually able to figure out what book they were asking about (Callanetics, yeah I still remember) and almost convinced them to let me hold a copy in their name, but be under no obligation to purchase the book. I did NOT want a co-worker dealing with trying to figure that out again! It turned out to be a secret shopper! I got a $50 gift certificate at the next employee meeting for the way I handled the call!
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                        X