This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BuzzFeed Posts Quiz about Retail

BuzzFeed has posted a 30 question quiz about working a retail job. Unfortunately, I got a 17 out of 30.

How Much Has Working Retail Destroyed Your Will To Live?
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

21 out of 30 here. I'd better work on raising that number. That's the bare minimum needed to be a mod here >_>
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

20 out of 30.

My soul is dead.

This is not news.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

25 out of 30.

Where is the answer score list? I click the link and it does nothing.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I got 18 out of 30.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

26 of 30.

"Your soul has been completely destroyed. Where there was once life, love, happiness, there is now only darkness. An empty void where your heart used to be. I’m so sorry. Punch your manager for me."

Yeah, that's a shocker.
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

27 out of 30. I think it's time for a change in my line of work.

Comment

18 out of 30 and I haven't dealt with customers in that way for about six years.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

>.>

<.<

I've never worked retail...
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

26 out of 30. My "the customer is always right/pays your paycheck" manager doesn't help matters.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

20 out of 30.

Most of them were spot on, especially the Christmas ones, the "Clopen" and the one about "if it doesn't scan its free!"
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

29 out of 30. Y'all has some work to do.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

17... Back to work tomorrow after two weeks off

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                            26 of 30.

"Your soul has been completely destroyed. Where there was once life, love, happiness, there is now only darkness. An empty void where your heart used to be. I’m so sorry. Punch your manager for me."

Yeah, that's a shocker.
                            I got 20 and it had the same message. (Answered as if I still work retail.)

The clopen one bugged me, though. "Do you know what a 'clopen' (close/open) is?" Well if I didn't, I do now before I even answer the question!
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                            X