This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm awful.

And mean, selfish, rude, probably a lesbian, and totally not a customer oriented manager. Corporate will know how I treat the customers, and boy oh boy will I be FIRED in the next few days. My days are numbered, you hear me, NUMBERED. I will never, ever work again in customer service with my attitude and illpleasant[sic] behavior!!

Because I don't kiss ass, suck up, or take your shit. I do not and will not put up with it. I will pleasantly bend over backwards to assist you. That's my job, after all. But as soon as you raise your voice, demand management, or so much as look like you are going to cuss me out, then you will get nothing. Zip. Zilda. Nach. Especially not over a fifty cent price difference because you are too stupid to read sales signs.

And yes. Yes I can refuse to assist you. Yes. Yes I can deny your request for a price change. Yes. Yes I can become irritated with you and ask you to leave.

Why?

Because I AM the manager, I DO run this store, and I AM the one in charge, dumbass.
    No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

You're not awful, you're wonderful, at least from the employee's perspective. You sound like the type of manager we all wished we worked for.

Re: not reading signs I have posted numerous times about aliterate idiots who do not properly read sales signs, then complain that they are "misleading". It drives me insane, and that is not a very long drive! RTFS, people!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I think I'm one of the few managers who ACTUALLY worked my way up. I know what SCs are like and howstupid tthey are. Yeah, 'misleading' with prices in big bold black letters. Yeah.
      No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Comment

Please have this very large plateful of fresh-baked cookies in recognition of how absolutely awful you are!

We could do with more people like you managing stores. Who's got that cloning machine?
        I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Congratulations on dodging your rectal-cranial insertion and spinal removal surgeries, OP! You're the kind of manager we want!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Plankton78 View Post

Because I AM the manager, I DO run this store, and I AM the one in charge, dumbass.
            Well, as long as there aren't corporate people above you who side with the SCs.

But even if there is, you will have the support of all your employees, and they will do their best because they know you have their back. Which is a pretty good consolation prize.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

One of the reason I get away with a lot in this store is because the store manager hates SCs as much as I do. Even when corporate is called in with a complaint, the store manager always back the employees and praises us for saving merchandise and doing the best at our jobs. We need more store managers like her.

We also are one of the cleanest and best run store in our district do complaints are usually dismissed anyway.

Comment

Today I got told that I am not qualified to do my job (really, my 2 degrees and third in progress say different), that I give terrible customer service (eyeroll) and - get this - that my name is 'Terrible'.

I may have (slightly) sarcastically said that I would pass that feedback on to my parents....
                How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Plankton78 View Post
                  One of the reason I get away with a lot in this store is because the store manager hates SCs as much as I do. Even when corporate is called in with a complaint, the store manager always back the employees and praises us for saving merchandise and doing the best at our jobs. We need more store managers like her.

We also are one of the cleanest and best run store in our district do complaints are usually dismissed anyway.
                  And yet, corporations NEVER seem to make the connection between the two, no matter how many examples you set before them...
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Most corporations don't and don't care. I'm still not sure how I got so lucky with this one. Our corporate must be smarter than most.

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                      snip get this - that my name is 'Terrible'.

snip
                      If you get in trouble for your name, you have grounds for a lawsuit. I normally do not favor lawsuits (except in extream cases), but getting written up or fired for your name is a good cause.

If it was a customer who said that. Well, there are good reasons I do not work in retail.
                      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Here's your sign!

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        You're not awful, you're wonderful, at least from the employee's perspective. You sound like the type of manager we all wished we worked for.

Re: not reading signs I have posted numerous times about aliterate idiots who do not properly read sales signs, then complain that they are "misleading". It drives me insane, and that is not a very long drive! RTFS, people!
                        Ugh! I hear that! the other day I kept getting price requests for a promotion for some barrettes. After about four calls, I finally became unhinged (this is happening frequently now, my fuse is short for people that do not read the promo sign or any sign for that matter) SCs were seeing the sign as buy what they saw get another half off. No, you had to buy a head wrap, then your barrette was half off. I felt bad because I was short with the cashier but the signs were clear. Plus cashiers have the circular at every till. I hollered "oh sweet lord. People aren't READING THE SIGNS!!" The signs were on every barrette and elastic there, the signs covered the darn product, so I knew very well the custy saw these signs. I make sure these signs are on the pegs when my shift starts as I do my Ad Checks for the day. It's like its a chore for them to read it! Suffice to say, I was putting away many many barrettes and ponytail holders. Sometimes I wonder how these SC manage to find our store, their way in, or their car when they leave.

Comment

Working...
                        X