Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're NOT getting what you want, jerk.

I absolutely despise SCs, but the worst of the worst are what make me want to quit and run away. The bullies. The ones who harass the cashier to tears, demand management, and then bully management until they get what they want.

My poor cashier, T, and I were working, cleaning up the store late last evening. I went towards the back and told T to page the store phone if she needed me. (It's how we communicate, I keep the phone on me and the base of the phone is under her register. Push the page button, phone beeps, I come see what she needs.) Anyways, I'm back there not even twenty minutes when T pages me. When I get back up to the front, there's a customer banging on the conveyor belt, cussing, screaming. Poor T is already in tears, so I know it's bad. I step up to the customer.

Me: What's the issue, sir?
    SC: This BLEEP gave me the wrong change!! I want my correct change!! She's lying, saying she's can't open the BLEEPING REGISTER. She just wants to steal MY hard earned money!!
    Me: Sir, she is correct. She needs a manager's key to open the register. May I see your receipt so that I can fix the problem? (T is my best cashier, I already know this douche is trying to short change us)
    T: He only gave me a twe--
    SC: *to T* SHUT UP! *to me* YOU'RE THE MANAGER???
    Me: Yes, sir. I am the manager and I'm going to ask that you not speak to my cashier that way. I'd like to resolve your problem for you, but I need your receipt first. Do you still have it?
    SC LAUGHS AT ME.
    SC: No, really. Get me a bleeping REAL manager and then give me my CORRECT BLEEPING CHANGE. This bleeping store always bleeping ripping me off.
    Me: I'm the manager on duty, whether you like it or not, and am capable of fixing this issue.
    SC: You can't be a manager!! You bleeping bleepy bleep. How old are you anyway? Bleeping twelve?
    Me: If you cuss at me one more time, I'm going to kick you out of this store. I'm not twelve, like you're acting, I'm old enough to do my job. Now. Do you want to resolve your issue or not? Because if not, you can stop harassing my cashier and I and leave.
    SC: HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT. YOU STEAL MY MONEY AMD THIS IS HOW IM TREATED BY TWO BLEEPING BLEEPS. BLEEP YOU. BLEEP YOU!! BLEEP THIS WHOLE STORE. GIVE ME MY BLEEPING MONEY!!
    Me: Get the hell out my store before I call the police. How dare I? How dare you! I'm sick of your attitude. I tried several times to help you and you treated my cashier and I like garbage. You should be ashamed of yourself for acting that way over such a simple issue that can be easily fixed! Now. Get the hell out of my store.

He screams and cusses some more, knocks some displays over, and finally leaves. But really? Really? People like him make me want to quit. Seriously. T said he gave her a twenty for his fourteen dollar purchase, she gave him correct change. Then he went irriate because he kept insisting he gave her a hundred. I knew she was right, but, per policy, opened her drawer (No hundreds in the drawer, hmm) and took it to count it. As usual, T was even, on paper and through the computer. I told our store manager everything and based on the security cameras, guess who's not allowed back in the store?
    No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Good for you! That's one for civilization!
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Why is it I never encounter people like this in my travels? I'd love to be able to tell off a childish moron like this.

You guys need to move to Jersey.

Comment

You are doing God's work, Plankton. Keep it up!
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Sadly, the only thing running through my mind was that, if he moved any closer to me or my cashier, where the best place was to knock him a good one. Customers don't care about who's behind the counter. We aren't people to them. We're there to serve them, kiss their rear ends, and do as they say. It grates my nerves.
          No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Comment

Quoth Plankton78 View Post
            Me: Get the hell out my store before I call the police. How dare I? How dare you! I'm sick of your attitude. I tried several times to help you and you treated my cashier and I like garbage. You should be ashamed of yourself for acting that way over such a simple issue that can be easily fixed! Now. Get the hell out of my store.
            Good job standing up to the bully and kicking him out!

to T for all the abuse she took from that horrible brute.
            Quoth Plankton78 View Post
            I told our store manager everything and based on the security cameras, guess who's not allowed back in the store?
            Couldn't happen to a more deserving person. I'm glad the store manager had your backs on this one. I hope the cops are called if he shows his ugly face in the store again.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If he shows up back (and more than likely will), I'll be the first one dialing.

Comment

Add my kudos to kicking the "bleep" out!

Comment

You stories are always so satisfying. Thanks.

It depresses me that this almost never happens at my store. Once I heard a manager telling a SC that NO she wouldn't give her a refund because she was TOLD when she made her purchase that clearance is non-returnable. That was pretty nice.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

He was a scammer. He knew he'd been rumbled, and that's why he was acting the way he was. He was purposely trying to scare you both into handing over the cash that he actually wanted. The first time this happened to me ended up with my till being £10 down. The guy was nasty to me, but I thought I'd made a mistake. It never crossed my mind that the man was a crook. I got written up for that. I could have gotten fired because I was new. But these people don't think about that, do they?

Luckily, I learned from that experience, but then I opened myself up to scammers screaming at me. But at the end of the day, at least I know that they're going to go home without extra money from my till, and I know that I won't get written up.

Please, tell your cashier that she did absolutely the right thing and not to let nasty scammers get under her skin. Many SC's hurt me, but scammers do not, because I realise that they're only acting that way to try and make me feel scared. And it just ain't gonna work. Lol.

Comment

Did he seriously expect that to ever work? Spineless FES's cave when the customer insists they gave the cashier a $20 and it was really a $5 (or $1.) A Benjamin? Not even the most overcooked-spaghetti-backed tool is going to let $80 go without a full drawer count.

Comment

I was MOD one night at a fast food/gas station place. You know, the place where the burger royalty is located.

Anyway, some lady comes in at night, saying she was short-changed on a gas purchase from earlier, and demanded, DEMANDED, I say, her money. I hadn't seen the lady before, so she rants and raves, and since I'm MOD, I say something like (paraphrased): "Ok, well, I'll have to count the drawer. If it's over by that much, we'll know."

She had the gall to STAY THERE while I counted the drawer! Of course, it came out even. She wasn't real happy about it, but at least she left afterward.

At least I think that's how the story went.
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                          He was a scammer. He knew he'd been rumbled, and that's why he was acting the way he was. He was purposely trying to scare you both into handing over the cash that he actually wanted. The first time this happened to me ended up with my till being £10 down. The guy was nasty to me, but I thought I'd made a mistake. It never crossed my mind that the man was a crook. I got written up for that. I could have gotten fired because I was new. But these people don't think about that, do they?
                          Same thing happened to me early in my job. The guy was "nice" about it, though. It was then that the supervisor (who was nice enough not to write me up) gave me the tip to always leave the bill on the register as you're counting the change, and sometimes even to say the bill's amount. They'll be less inclined to challenge you then.

The people who use intimidation and other aggressive or belligerent techniques to scam you should be charged with robbery, IMO. They might not be brandishing a weapon, but their techniques cross the line from scamming/fraud to coercion.
                          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                          Fiancee: What?!
                          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

The best thing is that I was not only smarter than the scammer(obviously) but I trust my cashier and know that she wouldn't do anything like that on purpose. At a previous job as a cashier, I had a similar incident with a scammer myself and my supervisor made me open the drawer and give the customer what they wanted without even hearing my side and had the nerve to write me up for drawer shortage. No way I'm treating my cashiers like that.

I'm always polite to customers, stupid, suck, or otherwise, but there's a point where I'm like, hey, I'm the manager, go the bleep away.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                              Please, tell your cashier that she did absolutely the right thing and not to let nasty scammers get under her skin. Many SC's hurt me, but scammers do not, because I realise that they're only acting that way to try and make me feel scared. And it just ain't gonna work. Lol.
                              I absolutely will, again. I bought her cookies that night since he upset her so much. Felt like she earned them.

Comment

Working...
                              X