Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I appeal without any details(Grrr!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I appeal without any details(Grrr!)

I do work for a market research company checking out and inspecting various hotels,pubs,clubs,etcs (boo-hiss!)
    I got an email stating that I had been 'temporarily suspended as a client had complained that I was aggressive and unpleasant towards them'.I had the option to appeal.
    Fine-I do maybe 20-30 jobs a month so I need more details.
    Sent back email stating I would be appealing and asking-which client was it,which location,which date,which time so I can get my details together.Without that,I have no idea of knowing what if anything I did wrong or what defence I may have to use.
    No reply after a few days.
    Emailed back stating I still had not received any information which I needed to have in order to finish the appeal.
    Now I've received an email back stating they have rejected my appeal and upheld the client's complaint.
    Not impressed.
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

...Do you have someone you can actually talk to? And is this even a real company?

Comment

Pity you can't tell them you just won't work for them anymore...

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        I got an email stating that I had been 'temporarily suspended as a client had complained that I was aggressive and unpleasant towards them'.I had the option to appeal.

Now I've received an email back stating they have rejected my appeal and upheld the client's complaint.
        Not impressed.
        It is specifically to prevent shenanigans like this in the criminal courts that the Sixth Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution.

It is a shame that quoting the relevant lines from Amendment VI to your employer wouldn't be likely to have any effect on the outcome.

"...the accused shall enjoy the right...to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted by the witnesses against him... for his defense."

I am not a lawyer.

Comment

It's a real company -well if it's not,they've paid me lots of money over the last 5 or 6 years that I' ve done jobs for them-only trouble is,according to their site I am not an employee,I'm self-employed,they just contract the jobs out to me...
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

...Which means, you get to pay double taxes, and no Unemployment if they decide they don't want you around anymore, either. Sounds like it works out quite nicely for them ~_~

I smell a rat, though. See if you can get someone on the phone about this.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

on the few occasions ive run into something like this its a lot easier if you cookie cutter everyone and assume that theyre lying and flat out trying to screw you. it makes it easier to take the necessary steps to protect yourself. im not condoning illegal activity but come on, what would you do if someone was actively trying to frame you?

Comment

Just wondering... If you are evaluating these places, is it like a secret shopper? By that I mean, do they know who you are, and what you're doing? If not, how could they know about you to complain? If they DO know that you are evaluating them, have you had to give a particularly bad review to anyplace recently? If you're a contractor, there should be a contract in place somewhere laying out the appeals process, or did I just dream that up...?
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The store gets an evaluation in the mail for each secret shop. They complain to that company and the company knows who did the shopping. The store probably complains about shopper X. While they can't be sure when they get a secret shop, there are certain questions or orders that can tip them off. But I would assume the store is lying and complain/appeal to the employer again.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    Emailed back stating I still had not received any information which I needed to have in order to finish the appeal.
                    Now I've received an email back stating they have rejected my appeal and upheld the client's complaint
                    How can they reject your appeal when you were never given the information you needed to finish it?

I cry smelly fish here.
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                    X