Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just shut up and give me your ID and shut up coworker!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked at a Savings and Loan (remember those?) back in the early 80's. Shortly after I started, one of the vice presidents came through my line to cash a check. I did not recognize him, and refused to do so since he refused to show me ID. I got written up for that.

This was when holds on checks were first being instituted. We were to place holds on personal checks, but not on business checks. I cashed a business check, and it bounced, and I got written up for it.

After six months, I had seen too much, quit, and told everybody I knew to get their money out, ASAP. That S&L died within a year after I left.
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

one of the vice presidents came through my line to cash a check. I did not recognize him, and refused to do so since he refused to show me ID
      And yet you still got written up for it? Does your vice preisdent usually cash checks at your branch or is he one of those people who come 2 or 3 times a month and assume everybody knows him? I mean, does your vice president know about identity theft? Anybody can say they are the vice president!

Anyways, here is the flip side of the same coin. I was going to cash a check for a woman who didn't have an account and get this, it wasn't even HER check! I was like HELL FREAKING NO! She gave me some bull crap line that he was in school until 12:30 pm and what SHE should do. You can get your scamming ass out of my face and get your own damn money at your own bank! I can't stand non customers cause they are the biggest scammers in the world. Let's screw over my bank and have OUR MONEY!

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
        I worked at a Savings and Loan (remember those?) back in the early 80's. Shortly after I started, one of the vice presidents came through my line to cash a check. I did not recognize him, and refused to do so since he refused to show me ID. I got written up for that.
        Sounds a bit like this year's APEC summit to me... I heard that the head of security got annoyed at being asked for ID and so he changed the policy. The day before this happened.

Comment

Working...
        X