This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Desk SC's

As I'm walking in to work today their are 2 customers in line at the CS desk, one is standing to the side filling out a "product request form" the other "lady" is impatient as the Clerk finished up the 1st customer. SC sees me walk by and this happens...

SC: SIR! SIR!
    Me: *looks toward lady* Yes?
    SC: *thrusts receipt and box in my face* THIS RANG UP WRONG!!!
    Me: well, you will have to speak with the CS Clerk and have her check into it.
    SC: But i'm busy!!
    Me: I'm not trained for that position, so I can help you.
    SC: well, can you at least verify the what the sign said for me.
    Me: Sure, let me just punch in.
    I punch in and return to SC to help her, we take a walk to the aisle and she shows me the sign in question. The sign is for a cereal product, but she has Brand X/flavor Y, but the she has brad C/flavor Y. The sign was very clear, no question what it was for.
    SC: can you personally tell the Service desk person.
    Me: *I just told you that you have a product that is not listed on the sign, so you are now going to fight the service desk clerk to try to get some money you don't deserve.* Sure, i'll explain the situation to her.
    We walk up the the service desk, i tell the Clerk what the sign said, word for word.
    SC: Thankyou.
    Me: No problem. *I had to get some print-outs form the up-stairs offices so i go upstairs and when I leave the stairs the SC sees me come down*
    SC: HE TOLD ME YOU WOULD GIVE ME A 100% REFUND BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG!!
    Me: I'll go get the sign.
    SC: You better, you lying retard.
    Me: *walks over to phone, hits page button* Mr. x please call, XXX
    Mgr calls back, I explain the situation. He tells me he already talked to her, told her she had the wrong item, she also called him a retard, he then decided to refund all her money and tell her to leave ( we kept the cart full of groceries)
    I love this manager!!! If she calls corp, she won;t get very far because Corp has now started to ignore custoemrs who complain about what we did when they were un-necersally to employees for no reason. This was all over less than 50 cents. All this before I get 5 min into my shift.

Why do customers feel the need to call employees names? That's when they need to be booted from the store.
    "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" Dante-"Clerks"

Comment

That is one of the things which I do like about working about the library - we can and do kick people out when they become abusive to staff members. Fortunately I've never had to personally deal with a patron who got like that, but I have much respect for those of my co-workers who work at the circulation and reference desks (and of course, our security guards) for dealing with problem patrons so well.

Comment

We can and have kicked people out when they become abusive. If they do it to staff, the member of staff walks away and gets a manager. If they're abusive to the manager, the manager, if it's obviously not going to be resolved peacfully, will insist they leave, and if they refuse, will then contact the security guards.

Never seen security actually have to take anyone out of the store though. That walkie talkie is enough to make even the worst give up.
        "Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          He tells me he already talked to her, told her she had the wrong item, she also called him a retard, he then decided to refund all her money and tell her to leave ( we kept the cart full of groceries)
          *bwahahaha*

I love it. She wanted to play whiny entitlement-whore and it got her kicked out without any of the groceries she spent the time to shop for.

Classic.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X