Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lack of forward planning on your part....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of forward planning on your part....

Well you know the saying.

Attention students, it is not a good idea to wait until the day before your class is discussing whatever film your professor assigned for your class. Guess what? All the copies are checked out, and materials that professors put on hold for the class can't be reserved especially for you no matter how much you whine.

First come first serve, and asking me to put it aside for you while you're breaking rules by eating in the library after I told you twice not to will not endear me in any way.

You know those pieces of papers that professors hand out at the beginning of the semester that tell you about the class? They're called syllabi, you might want to use them in planning on when to get out materials from the library or to find out if you've got some sort of test coming up. The next person who 'suddenly' discovers that there's a midterm or paper due soon gets to walk the plank.

By the way, Plank is the nickname of the first ex-convict of a sexual assult that I run across outside a prison gate.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency! That's pretty much my attitude at work. The same could be said of so many situations.

For instance, why on Earth would you stop by the local c-store during the coffee rush to get a quick breakfast to go if you're already running 15 minutes late for work? I get up 2 hours before work so I can be ready on time. I don't always feel like eating right away, so I bring my breakfast with me, and I get all the coffee I want at work. NANANANA!!!!!

You know what, since you're interrupting my caffeine buzz, and possibly breakfast, with your drama, you just deserve to wait in line behind those PITA lottery customers for the 2-3 minutes that it will take for them to pick tickets. While I agree that the old people who have nothing better to do than play lottery all day are a major pain, so are you for expecting me to jump through hoops to get you through the line quickly all because you waited until the last minute to get ready for work. Tell you what, all of you can fight it out on the parking lot while I sell tickets to raise money for my next semester of college classes. That would solve most of my problems in one swoop.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I have another outlook on it (Remember part of my business is a copyshop and dealing with attorneys and copy work for cases etc.) "You Lack of Planning Constitutes my ability to charge rush/overtime fee's AKA PITA/Bitch taxes". But all humor aside, as far as those stupid students, if they fuck up like that, screw 'em. Instructors outline the important stuff at the begining of the term. If they were too busy taking bong hits and watching Beavis and Butthead DVD's then well, they get to pay the price.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I dealt with this in Geek Squad in the weeks before school. The first weekend in August was tax-free and we were still doing set-ups for a week afterwards. The set-ups have priority over the check-ins, which got backed up for up to a week. Guess what I got to deal with during and after tax-free?

"What do you mean it will take a week before you'll even look at it?! School starts tomorrow!"

Because everyone and their grandmother thought now would be a good time to get their college-bound kid a laptop with all the trimmings. And you just admitted yourself that you've had this problem since the end of last semester. And I'm sure that your campus has a computer lab that you can use to tide you over until this thing is fixed. What? All your files are on your laptop? That's why God invented flash drives, dumbass!
        A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
        X