This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey
    ... I hate you. Curse you and your living in Vancouver, and Stargate filming in Vancouver, and all that other rot. Please tell me you at least managed an autograph or something like that, or my brain might explode.
    No, no I didn't. I didn't want to bug them. >.>

Derailment:

They would film a lot around the Art Gallery and Courthouse. Both buildings have really odd, unique architecture that they seemed to be partial too:

Art gallery:

You *must* recognize that. They've used the front so many times and the backside too ( For some sort of out door cafe or something once ).

Yeah:

They were always up at SFU too. Because SFU looks like a mountain fortress. Or down at the Plaza of Nations.

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/location/location.htm

That has all of em. I use to have to walk through or around their sets at least 3 or 4 times a week. Could always tell when they were there by all the humvee's and assorted props. Oh, and the entire block would be lit up like the surface of the sun even at 11pm.

End Derailment.

Comment

Quoth moekosowl View Post
      *squeals*
      *dies*
      *reincarnates*
      *Joins the Gravekeeper Fangirl Flock*
      Um, I saw half an episode once. Does that get me anything?

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm posting from Nova Scotia, where it's all rural, all the time, so I have to admit whenever I've read a thread involving petroleum transfer technicians, the concept of pre-pay seemed strange and foreign to me.

But on the other topic of the thread, that is large vehicles and the ire they bring; Mentioned earlier was the SMRT car. I kinda like the idea, but... Why is it, when someone decides 'I'm going to build a small lightweight car', they start with the tiniest wheelbase possible, and then to make room for components and occupants and stuff, they build UP?

I mean, the thing looks like it'll flip over if you gas/brake/steer too hard. Why can't they build lightweight and fuel efficient, but give it a bit of width and length? Is it that they're trying to be conspicuously small, thus pulling the feet in close and stretching it all upwards?

And who do you have to kill to get some taller gearing on the thing? To hit the 100-110 kph that's average (posted; Everyone goes faster) highway speed up here, the poor things are screaming bloody murder. That can't be good for those cars.

Comment

Quoth Nutjob R/T View Post
          And who do you have to kill to get some taller gearing on the thing? To hit the 100-110 kph that's average (posted; Everyone goes faster) highway speed up here, the poor things are screaming bloody murder. That can't be good for those cars.
          I could be wrong, but I thought these cars were built for tooling around town, where speeds will be lower. If so, then highway speeds are bad for the little engines.

As for the profile of the car, in order to make a vehicle significantly more fuel efficient, you have to maximize the aerodynamics of it and/or play with the engine (ie, electric hybrids). This usually means making it as thin and light as possible either vertically or horizontally to make a really efficient car, as well as some other physics tricks that I won't go into, but make the car look roundish and thin.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            Um, I saw half an episode once. Does that get me anything?

Rapscallion
            *Hugs Raps*
            http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

Quoth moekosowl View Post
              *Hugs Raps*
              *hugs Raps too*

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                *hugs Raps too*
                *also hugs Raps*

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Pump Start Cards

Hugs Raps

Back On Topic
                  Around here a certain chain of c-stores has a Pump Start card. You swipe it like P@P and fill up then go inside to pay. The card is issued individually and linked to drivers license number so IF someone forgets/drives off the store knows who and can prosecute. Makes it so easy to gas up then load up on <soda of choice> and junk food
                  Meeeeoooow.....
                  Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Quoth ParkingWitch View Post
                    Makes it so easy to gas up then load up on <soda of choice> and junk food
                    heh, that's why i love p@p, it means i don't have to walk inside and thus don't end up going "hrm, i am a little thirsty i might get a drink, hrm if i'm getting a drink i might get a bite to eat too" while on my way to work (where the drinks and candy are free (within reason) to staff)
                    It is better to be the hammer than the nail.

Comment

With all this hugging, no wonder my back's been playing up the last week or so.

I can endure the pain - keep going!

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                        With all this hugging, no wonder my back's been playing up the last week or so.

I can endure the pain - keep going!

Rapscallion
                        *gives Raps a big bear hug*

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                          I die a little inside whenever I see a Humvee at a traffic light downtown. WTF do you need a humvee for? I don't care how small your penis is. You do *not* need a humvee. Then there's the humvees in designer colours, ugh, God.
                          My husband is in the Military, and every time I see a personal vehical that is a Humvee I CRINGE and think "Ugh, WHY would you want to drive one of those" They seriously aren't pleasant to drive/ride in.
                          Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            Is it "on a stiiick"?
                            No, but his wife's chihuahua almost was.
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                            X