This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth froglet View Post
    Some people just don't get common courtesy. Or headphones.
    Tell me about that. I don't know if any of you guys and gals witnessed something like this, but around here, it is becoming a real nuisance : people who will listen to music from their cellphones without headphones.

I mean, come on, they can afford one of those nifty cellphones with a 7Mpixels digital camera, close to 1GB of built-in memory, but can't afford a pair of headphones or a pedestrian kit headset ?

Bonus points if there are more than one of them, sitting side by side, and not playing the same music at all !
    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
      ok, people, if you're going to stereo war, do it right. Opera. A good soprano aria beats *everything*.
      I agree. Go for something heavy and Wagnerish too LOTS of vibrating bass and cello
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        I _hate_ people with loud thumping bass.
        If it's done right, you can get a nice massage.

Of course, I adore the bass. Yes, I do. I keep in mind that not everyone else in a 20 mile radius does, however.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

True enough about only hearing one side of it, and there isn't much I personally could do about it, especially since if the maintenance guy hadn't been there I still wouldn't know who the hell he was!

The best music war I heard of is courtesy of my mom back in the 70's. She lived in this little house with my then infant sister and next door were a bunch of air force guys. Without fail every Saturday night they would party and blast over and over and over again Elton John's "Saturday Night's Allright" (original, huh?) Well, when you have an infant trying desperately to sleep, Mr. Elton's, erm, dulcet tones do not help. So one evening mom had enough and borrowed her brothers Yoko Ono album (don't even ask why he had it) and retaliated. The next day she had a whole mess of airmen come over and personally apologize for the trouble they had caused.

Screw Wagner. Go Yoko!
          "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

In college I had some problems with noisy neighbors. Freshman year the girl above me would play the Thong Song on repeat, at full volume at 1 in the morning (quite time was 11). It was so loud, I could actually understand the words. Junior year Ladyklack and I had noisy next door neighbors who would be outside our door laughing and talking loudly late at night. We solved that problem by blasting Bon Jovi at 8 in the morning which was a perfectly respectable time to be up when you were in bed by 12 and breakfast ended at 9.
            I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Working...
            X