Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is most likely. But I still can' t figure how in heel she could have let her child get in this situation in the first place !
    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Y'know, sometimes I worry that when the day comes that there's a mini-dispatch brought into the world that I won't be a good father...but I hear stories like this and realize I'm going to be just fine.

you don't suppose the lady with the autistic son was going for something like the people that encourage their kids to climb unattended ladders and push them off do you?
      "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

when will these so called "parents" of autistic children learn autistic=/=can't be taught to behave. I sometimes think the parents are more "disabled*" than the children-in that they really don't want to bother because it's hard......

* I personally do not consider autistic children disabled(any more than a deaf or blind person is disabled-they still have abilities), just different-but it is "labeled" as such.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Theft, murder, probably hitting little girls too. (Spoken from an actual customer sighting in a toy store somewhere. It was hell and the manager had to ban the mother and autistic child from the store, with the mother screaming "lawsuit" over and over.)
          There was an autistic customer murdering people in a toy store and the only action was a banning?

Comment

Oh man, I feel your pain. My sister works for the only rock gym in our city and it's owned by a 23-year old bar-star rock star wannabe who lets his drunken friends climb whenever they want. At least she's not held accountable when they fall from bouldering at the top of the 9ft wall.

But there have been plenty of birthday parties with one kid who doesn't want to learn how to tie a knot properly, or one who won't have his gri-gri on properly, or one of the 130lb moose-like kids who gets their dorky little 80lb friend to belay them... Stupidity knows no bounds.

Thank god for release forms!

Comment

First mom....OY! I'd almost have to agree with a couple of the others here...wonder if she was hoping something would happen to him.

Quoth silver_sonic View Post
              SIBL: (Talking to herself) I need somewhere to feed! Where can I feed! (I found the way she kept repeating this a little disturbing)
              Ulp. I know exactly what she meant. She had a baby, and was looking for a room to use...she wanted to nurse the kid. Now, I nursed my first kid, and I know how urgent it can get. See, when your baby cries...bewbs have a Pavlovian response to...produce. Ergo, you RUN to feed or else face major embarrassment. But that STILL gives her no excuse to be so rude. I got used very quickly to bringing a blanket with me in case things like that happened and I couldn't find an incredibly private spot.

Hopefully that explains her seemingly crazed chanting.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
              X