This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, SC, it's NOT all about you.

This happened yesterday, but I didn't have time to post it so here it is. I was on my till, as is usual when I'm working, when I bent my left ring finger nail back. Ouch, ouch, ouch. With a Herculan effort, I managed not to swear, but I did thump down the divider, due to the fact that my nail hurt like hell as well as saying "Ouch" fairly loudly.

The next customer proceeded to put his shopping back into his trolley in an exaggerated way then proceeded to the next checkout. Where, despite the fact or more likely cuz of the fact that I was in earshot, he started to bitch about me to the customer before him.

SC: SC
    PW: Poor woman having to deal with SC's me me me drivel
    Me: Me
    Italics are my thoughts.

SC: I wouldn't go on that girl's till again, if I were you. She's in a lousy mood; she thumped down the divider in a temper when I got on.
    Me: Actually, I bent my nail back.
    PW: Poor you, that really hurts.
    SC: (annoyed cuz PW isn't automatically taking his side) Excuse me, but she thumped down the divider cuz of me.
    Me: No, it was cuz I bent my nail back. Talk about an ego; I suggest you get some professional help. Contrary to what you think, the earth revolves around the sun, not you.
    PW: (ignores SC) Hope you feel better soon.

This guy just really got to me; not only did he mistake me hurting myself for bad temper; my ouch was clearly audible and the divider thump was not a bad temper thump; he also had the nerve to bitch about me to a perfect stranger in earshot. What a tool.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

prolly good that he didn't stay in your line then
    cos he'd prolly have been whining all the time through.

makes you wish fate would do the same to them... while being told "no you can't react to the pain" (then again i'm irritable tonight, heh)

Comment

What a self-important jerk.
      Pretty cool that the other lady was sympathetic.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

What an asshat he is.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What a tool.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

But the joy of serving a customer would be more than enough to make up for whatever pain a worker would ever feel. Their mere presence is a salve to heal all aches & pains.
            Customers: from 0 to stupid in 2.5 sentences.

Comment

Quoth karl hungus View Post
              But the joy of serving a customer would be more than enough to make up for whatever pain a worker would ever feel. Their mere presence is a salve to heal all aches & pains.
              I thought their mere presence was the CAUSE of all aches and pains...
              Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Jerk. I know that this site does not condone violence, but for the next time, if this happens again, I suggest bending the SCs nail back and seeing if they understand your pain.

And that is some pain! Occasionally, I'll get acrylic nails put on and I've bent those back a few times and there was no controlling the barrage of "fuck" that rolled off my tongue!
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Yeah; finger injuries always hurt ten times more; and there is always going to be an SC around who's too stupid to realise that we are not robots and therefore feel pain. -.-
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    Yeah; finger injuries always hurt ten times more; and there is always going to be an SC around who's too stupid to realise that we are not robots and therefore feel pain. -.-
                    Maybe it has something to do with the huge number of nerves and such in our hands? Dunno, ignored most of my biology class.
                    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Working...
                    X