This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Its Your Hearing, Lady?

I had an amusing customer complaint today. First this woman came in, and complained that she was sick of music being played everywhere she shopped, and demanded to talk to a manager.

After he left (and I could tell he was writing her off, after all, she was complaining about more stores that just ours playing music), she turned to me.

"And another thing. Your voice is too high pitched. Use your normal voice."

"Um, ma'am, this IS my normal voice."

"No, I've heard you talk deeper." (Note that sometimes, when I'm being sarcastic or deadpanning, my voice WILL dip by a register or so. I'm a soprano, it'll go into the alto range. That's just how my voice IS.)

"Ma'am, that's also my normal voice."

She shrugged and left. The customer behind her thought it was the funniest thing she'd heard all day.

Note that the SC was the same woman who saw me reading a D&D module in McDonald's one day (The World's Largest Dungeon) and asked, "So are you a good witch or a bad witch?" Took me at least an hour to get her to semi-realize it was a GAME.
    Last edited by Dragon_Dreamer; 05-26-2008, 11:44 PM. Reason: grammar mistake

Did she have a hearing aid?

If so was it set to the 'T' position?

If so she's probably picking up induction loops from all over the place.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Mom's fillings could pick up radio stations.

I wish I was there for the "good witch bad witch" conversation. That sounds like it would have been good.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

What a moron.

And wait... you're telling me that tabletop gaming isn't just evil rituals and demon-cavorting!?
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Nah, though it probably didn't help that I had a Rifts character sheet with me that day, plainly visible...

... I play a hatchling dragon.

Maybe she thought it was instructions for calling my familiar?

Comment

Wow...that's one loopy ass lady.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I had a lady complain about our store having music. I was helping her find something when suddenly the radio came on (it had been OFF for a reason all day) and I went into Drama-Queen Mode with "OH NO!! NOT COUNTRY!!! TURN IT OFF!!!!!! PLEASE I'M IN AGONY!!!" (<--that's why. Country Music).

She said she hated the stores that played music all the time and just wanted to shop in peace (she laughed at my display).

Never did find her crayons, though (what she was looking for) because the DC decided we weren't getting any for a long LONG time.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                Never did find her crayons, though (what she was looking for) because the DC decided we weren't getting any for a long LONG time.
                There's a good post to write about: how our DC screwed us over constantly.

And if those jerkbag customers think they've got it tough listening to the store music, howzabout they try doing it for eight freakin' hours in a row. They have no idea.
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

In my department they decided to only out two speakers in. Biased on the size two are needed EXCEPT that they did not put a speaker near the dish area. When the dish washer is running or you are washing dishes by hand. Since we need to hear pages we have to have the nearest speaker turned up to the max. volume. This is good that at least I can hear a pages from the dish area, but bad that their is no avoiding listening to the music when not in that area.

Of all the songs corp. decided to play their are maybe 10 that are decent enough to want to listen to. Sadly we never hear those. It seems they play one, maybe or two good-ish songs during a shift. The rest are stupid love songs and "easy listening."

At my store when you are on the sales floor you have to actively listen to hear the muzak. If you are not concentrating on listening, chances are you will not hear it, unless you are in back room or employees only area, where they feel the need to blast it.

Comment

Working...
                  X