This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC in the backroom

Remembered this one from when I worked at a shoe store. I overheard this so if it's in the wrong place feel free to move it.

As I was working I overheard this conversation between a man and his wife:

SM = sucky man
    W = wifey poo

SM - *walks in*
    W - Hey, did you find what you needed at walmart?
    SM - No, and the employees there are rude.
    W - Aww, what happened?
    SM - I couldn't find anyone to help me so I went in back and asked some guy who was just sitting back there and he told me to get out.
    W - Well duh. That area is employees only.
    SM - I can't believe you're taking their side on this!

Fortunetly I was in another aisle so I could freely.
    wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
    ----
    Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

I must admit, I've been tempted in the past to simply walk out of stores WITH my products when I couldn't even find a cashier. Haven't done it, yet.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Couldn't find an employee at Walmart?
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

We don't have walmart here but i assume the place would have been crawling with employees making that guys statement of can't find an employee full of fail.

OPEN YOUR EYES NIMROD.
        I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Yeah, at Wal-Mart that's pretty bad. Still, I've been to an Albertson's (grocery store) where I had to hunt down a cashier.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Around here there's generally plenty of employees at Wally World. They all seem to be missing key chromosomes, but they are employees nonetheless.

(Aside: While in Wally World today picking up some last-second vacation necessities, I could've swore I heard a guy say "I had a crush on my sister." )

My store is pretty low on employees generally. We try to make do with one person on the salesfloor in hardlines during the day, and during the lunch rush that person is running their ass off. But service costs money, so when people make their buying decisions on who has the lowest prices, one of the trade-offs is they may not have as many employees around to help them if they need it.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Nyx View Post
              SM - I couldn't find anyone to help me so I went in back and asked some guy who was just sitting back there and he told me to get out.
              W - Well duh. That area is employees only.
              SM - I can't believe you're taking their side on this!

What a moron (The SM).
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I don't know about WM, but the store I used to work at kept cutting people (so they could compete with WM), so there's now sometimes only a single employee taking care of:

- Garden center (inside and out)
                - HBC (or HBA to some of you)
                - stationary
                - seasonal
                - toys
                - sporting goods
                - automotive
                - hardware (& paint/electrical/plumbing)
                - pets
                - small appliance
                - housewares
                - home fashions
                - gifts
                - crafts
                - furniture

I'm not exaggerating. Not even a little. Electronics has its own people, and I think softlines do as well (clothes, jewelry, etc.).
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I totally sang the title in my head to "Smoking in the Boys Room".

Comment

Apathy - did you once work for Meijer? That's what has happened at our store. The only difference is, Garden Center and HBC each have one person per shift.

When I first started at Meijer many years ago we had 21 employees in Pet & Garden. Garden Center is down to 3 employees now and Pets is on the other side of the store. It's lumped in with all those other depts you mentioned and covered by only one person.

I really feel for those hardgoods employees because they are expected to do the impossible. Sometimes there is no coverage at all for all those depts because the only person scheduled called in sick.

It's insane!

Retail Haiku:
                    Depression sets in.
                    The hellhole is calling me ~
                    I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X