This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Cia View Post
    I did not know ovaries could do that - learn something new everyday.
    Even the doctors were surprised. It wasn't a fully functioning ovary, obviously. The eggs were still gone, as a female is born with all the eggs she'll ever have, but the body of the ovary and the structures they eggs are supposed to reside in had partially regenerated. It was definitely not normal.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

This post of yours is strangely timed - my 67 year old Mother just informed me the other day that she went to see her Dr, worried that she might have strep throat to find out that her tonsils have grown back and are infected and is going to have them removed (again) next week. She had them out when she was in her 20's tue to recurring tonsilitis.
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Things I've learned from this second round of tonsillectomy: WARNING OVERSHARE AHEAD

1- the doctors lie when they tell you cold foods feel good on the throat. That shit hurts like red hot pokers that then radiate pain into the jaw.
        2- you can feel when a piece of throat scab comes off and you are powerless to stop yourself from swallowing it (3 times so far).
        3- the antibiotics have a seldom spoken of side effect of yeast infections. Yup.
        4- not being able to open your mouth much or move your tongue around makes speaking very difficult and the end result makes people think you're special. Just learn to live with it.
        5- narcotic pain killers can cause constipation. Double yup.

Comment

Ouch.Looks nasty sympathy hugs

Normally,when girls post picture of their bodily parts,this is not what I expected.

Try Bonjela. For mouth sores and ulcers and things,it works really well at numbing the pain.
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Thanks for the hugs. Much appreciated. I'm on an alternating cycle of oxycodone and Tylenol with ice packs as needed. Also, I've never heard of Bonjela. Is it a UK thing? Ima google it because what else do I have to do right now?

Adding to my list:
            6- the use of straws shall hence forth be forbidden despite the fact that you can neither open your mouth much or tilt your head back much. Because sucking things sucks.

Comment

Bonjela is teething gel, it's designed to rub onto gums (or owie spots further back!) and numb them. Bloody good idea, Kit-Ginevra!

Comment

If it persists I'll look into it. I don't think I'm supposed to reach back there and touch it, but I'm starting to get desperate.

7- pain radiates. From the back of the throat into the jaw and up into the ear. Then a ringing starts and from there quotes from Archer about tinnitus become the norm.

Comment

8- hiccups are the devil.

Comment

For toothache,oil of cloves helps a little.Just don't get it on the gums.Aspirin is your friend to help relieve the symptoms-it's annoying how toothache can make your ears hurt too. Aspirin and vodka together is not your friend. And I can sympathize-I had something with my upper palate that made it feel like you were swallowing a gorseball. Milk helps to keep the pain down as it's quite cold and bland.

BOO!! That's the hiccups dealt with.
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                    X