This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth silverstaff View Post
    . . .and I just got another questionable cold call from a recruiter for a sales job.

*ring*

"Hello?"

"Is this Silverstaff?" (sounds of phones ringing and busy office noise in the background)

"Yes."

(speaking very fast) "Hello my name is NameHere and I'm with (name mumbled and spoken so fast I can't hear it) and we got your resume and would like to have you come in for an interview on Thursday at 11." (still loud in the background)

"Pardon me, who did you say you were with?"

"*mumbles quickly and incoherently* Can you come in for an interview on Thursday?"

"I have a job interview that day with the State Office of Homeland Security at noon that day (I really do!), so I can't make it."

"Oh. . .well, we can get you in for the next interview after that on the. . ."

"Wait, wait, what job is this even for. You haven't said what you do, or what this job you're offering an interview is for." (and still didn't even intelligibly say who they worked for, but I was assuming they were intentionally fudging that, as I realize that the background noise isn't like a regular office or call center, much louder and more hectic)

"Oh. . .uh. . .it's for a Benefits Representative. You help people find the benefits packages that fits their needs. We work with unions so that we send out letters on union letterhead advertising our plans. If you just got something in the mail offering to sell you insurance you'd think it's junk mail and throw it away, but we work in partnership with unions so that our offers come to people on union letterhead so they'll open them and read them. You'll only have to work in an office two and a half days a week, the rest of the time you are in meetings with potential clients who have already responded to our mailings and would like more information, so there's no cold calling and. . ."

"So, you're having me sell insurance for you?"

"Yes, and. . ." (all that loud noise never let up,)

"No, thank you."

"Oh, uh, okay" *hangs up*
    Oh jeeze...I've been getting calls from that company too. American something or other. I keep blocking the lady and she keeps calling me.

There's also the annoying emails from various insurance companies that want to talk to me about being a sales rep (don't do sales folks, read the freakin' resume!) and now I'm also starting to get emails from those who want to see if I'm interested in becoming a real estate agent. I so want to tell these people in the nastiest way possible to read my resume and tell me where on it does it say I'm looking for a position in sales, but I don't want to deal with any backlash later.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
    X