This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't Believe They Invented It!

Hi, I'm I.P. Freleigh. You may remember me from such threads as "The Numbnuts Chronicles" and "I Trampled An Old Lady For This?"

Today I'm here to tell you that the Paw Patrol Bus I talked about in some other thread has been unseated as the must-have toy of the 2015 Christmas Shopping Season. The new champion is "Pie Face," which apparently is a game where somebody can get a ...pie...in their face if they're unlucky. Today I took three outside phone calls asking about this game, and had a couple people in the store ask me for it too. Sadly we do not carry it.

But this has given me a great idea to make an obscene amount of money so I can finally quit my day job. It's a game called "Stomp That Flaming Bag!" The way it works is, everybody puts on their best shoes and stamp out bags that are lit on fire. The loser is the player who finds the hidden surprise in their bag. Dog poop not included.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

This is a thing?!? *googles* OK, it is a thing. And it's not as dumb when you read the description and age range it's being marketed to. A wet sponge can be used instead of the pie, and in fact one is included. I guess Sponge Face just didn't have a ring to it.

Comment

I had that game when I was little and if you go to YouTube and look up Pie Face there's the daily motion video that Hasbro used for the 15 second spot. Very funny.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

A quick ebay search shows this thing selling for as much as over $500. For one game. As far as I can tell.

Srsly people? Coin, aluminum pie plate, can of whipped cream. Should set you back four bucks, tops. For more than two players, substitute a standard 6-sided die for the coin and you get a pie if you roll whatever number you agree to beforehand.

Comment

We sold this in my store. I'm not sure if it sold or not, haven't seen any lately so maybe we sold out. But if it's a hot seller it may be worth the investment. As I recall it was ridiculously overpriced. This year the big seller for us is that Star Shower thing. We get at least 3 calls a day and every one of our stores is sold out.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

But the tin-pie-plate route needs some setup (not any more than the game rig, it seems) and it's not 'safe' *rolleyes*

That Star Shower thing actually looks cool, the kids downstairs would absolutely love it if we got permission to set it up outside the building but it's pricy for an out-of-pocket expense (unless we could convince management that it would 'add value').
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

We need to find a way to successfully market a device which gives people a swift kick in the butt. Calvin tried to market this, but nobody was interested.

Maybe if we put Paw Patrol characters on it? Frozen? Star Wars??
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

A family game where you turn a crank and if you're unlucky, it kicks you in the butt and you lose.

We could call it "Kick Butt." Or "Kick Ass" for the adult version.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  ...We could call it "Kick Butt." Or "Kick Ass" for the adult version.
                  Boot Rear for the drinking game...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

We can't keep that stupid Pie Face game in stock. Last shipment we got, the same person bought both cases that came in as they unboxed them. I hate getting asked about it. It's tiresome.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      A family game where you turn a crank and if you're unlucky, it kicks you in the butt and you lose.

We could call it "Kick Butt." Or "Kick Ass" for the adult version.
                      That could be a hit.

Comment

Do you carry that suntan lotion that's also a laxative?
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I'm guessing whichever parent is buying this for a kid is NOT the one that does the majority of the housecleaning. Seriously, whipped cream as part of a kid's game? Really?

Though if you could find a pie-shaped sponge, that should do it. Well maybe even just a normal one, if your kids aren't as as resistant to "well just PRETEND it's the right thing" as I used to be with games.
                          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                            I'm guessing whichever parent is buying this for a kid is NOT the one that does the majority of the housecleaning. Seriously, whipped cream as part of a kid's game? Really?

Though if you could find a pie-shaped sponge, that should do it. Well maybe even just a normal one, if your kids aren't as as resistant to "well just PRETEND it's the right thing" as I used to be with games.
                            It actually comes with a sponge that's meant to be used. The whipped cream is not included.

Comment

I saw an article about this game and just blue-screened my brain. I mean, seriously?? Looks like something you could create in 5 minutes with a piece of cardboard, a pair of scissors, and, like others pointed out, a can of whipped cream.

As soon as the spring on the arm breaks, it's going in the garbage, anyway.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X