Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then there is the Star Shower, aka Christmas Lights For Lazy People.

It sells for up to $600 on ebay (for one, as far as I can tell). I get at least one call a day for this thing and it's pretty obvious we won't get it in in time for Christmas.

Of course, of the people who were lucky enough to get their hands on this thing, at least half of them probably aim the thing incorrectly and thus play havoc with aircraft flying overhead.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      And then there is the Star Shower, aka Christmas Lights For Lazy People. (snip) at least half of them probably aim the thing incorrectly and thus play havoc with aircraft flying overhead.
      Would that make a Star Shower be "Maverick bait"?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

To me, the Star Shower is a dumb idea, particularly if you live in a region which tends to get heavy snowfall in December. One good solid winter storm comes along, and the Star Shower will be buried under a snowdrift unable to do its "job", and will probably be there until the spring thaw.
        Goofy music!
        Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth AdamAnt316 View Post
          To me, the Star Shower is a dumb idea, particularly if you live in a region which tends to get heavy snowfall in December. One good solid winter storm comes along, and the Star Shower will be buried under a snowdrift unable to do its "job", and will probably be there until the spring thaw.
          There's a house in my neighborhood that has one and I stopped to stare. I'd never seen anything like it before and I was truly impressed.

However, you're right for a lot of areas... however, Calgary is a GREAT place for it. We don't tend to get much snow, too arid. The problem with misaiming it and hitting an aircraft still stands, though.

Comment

It sells for up to $600 on ebay (for one, as far as I can tell). I get at least one call a day for this thing and it's pretty obvious we won't get it in in time for Christmas.

Of course, of the people who were lucky enough to get their hands on this thing, at least half of them probably aim the thing incorrectly and thus play havoc with aircraft flying overhead.
            The thing about those prices on eBay, though... they might be trying to sell it for 600 but will anyone actually buy it? I do wonder sometimes.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
              The thing about those prices on eBay, though... they might be trying to sell it for 600 but will anyone actually buy it? I do wonder sometimes.
              I just did a 'sold' search on EBay - most seem to have gone around $75, most expensive I saw was about $120.

So, no, no one's getting really stupid money, but they are making a hit.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Am I the last generation whose parents taught them that manners still apply on holidays and Christmas isn't "magical get everything you want day". Some years I got the gift (singular, I usually asked for ONE specific thing) I wanted, some years I didn't. Guess what, my world didn't end. I just enjoyed the surprise gifts instead.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Guess what arrived on last night's truck? At least two cases of Pie Face.

People were buying them before we even got them to the shelf.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Boot Rear for the drinking game...
                    if you dont get kicked in the ass you take a shot/drink. if you do get kicked in the ass you dont have to
                    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

My Mom is wanting one of those . . . we've seen one down the road at a neighbor's house and it's kinda cool.

Except that the multi color setting looks rather dim at night. I would think setting it for clear would look a bit brighter.

And we'll probably be able to find that on the As-Seen-On-TV section at the neighborhood drugstore soon enough. As much as I'm in the Perfect Drugstore, I'll probably find one.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                        i have 5 of those sitting in my front yard right now. i paid 35 bucks for each. lol if anyone pays 600 dollars for these things they are stupid as hell.
                        If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth pzychobitch View Post
                          i have 5 of those sitting in my front yard right now. i paid 35 bucks for each. lol if anyone pays 600 dollars for these things they are stupid as hell.
                          I was thinking about getting one of these and saw it at the local Wal-Mart for $39.99 s few weeks ago.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I just learned something interesting about this! Mom has a coworker from the UK and apparently they've had this game over there for a while. No idea where it came from originally but some ideas just get around I guess.

Comment

That Star Shower thing is weird. My development is all townhouses. 3 or 4 houses in a row end up using it. They're all set to green. It looks like a bunch of houses were slimed.

Comment

I tend towards the old-fashioned Christmas lights, for some reason. Every year I can manage it, I put up a couple of strands of good ol' C-9 bulbs around the front of the house. The ironic thing is, they haven't had any snow to melt themselves out of this year...
                                Goofy music!
                                Old tech junk!

Comment

Working...
                                X