Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After some research it seems the birth certificate is the most basic way to go. So I filled out my paperwork and sent it in!

But oops, just as I was filling out my forms, I realized my drivers license doesn't have my current address on it. That sucks, but there's another way around this. Fill out another form, throw in my 15 dollar money order and mail it out!

But nothing can be that easy. Turns out I filled out one form wrong and it needed to be signed by a notary, and I also needed to include TWO bills that prove I live at my current address, and they also never received my 15 dollar money order! Which I was too dumb t save the receipts from.

Seriously, do lots of people deal with this crap? Do I just suck worse than everyone else?

Comment

It sounds to me like you're just stressed out. Stressed people tend to make mistakes.

Take five minutes to relax. Then start again.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I second the "relax" tip.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
          I feel those stupid personality tests are also designed to weed out the introverts. As if introverts aren't already disadvantaged enough as far as finding jobs. Employers always want the bubbly personalities even if they aren't as adequate at doing the actual work.
          The theory behind those tests is it identifies and rejects 'risk' applicants - those prone to violent behavior, theft, poor work ethic, etc. Of course, that's the propaganda used to sell those testing services. The accuracy of the tests is what I find questionable. I've known people whom I consider to be sterling individuals who have scored badly, and I've known people I wouldn't trust enough to loan a quarter to pass with flying colors.

It has been my experience that the companies that subscribe to those services tend to rank among the worst places to work for.

A friend of mine once mentioned he thought they were just a scam. The employer sends in the results and the company that handles those tests randomly kicks out a varying percentage of applicants. Nobody ever ever EVER questions those 'results' so the testing company makes big money without actually doing anything.

I suspect the reality is somewhere in between.

Comment

Working...
          X