This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else is working today?

So, here I am. My shift started at 9. I've had 2... yes, 2... calls. And the second guy I couldn't help. Awesome. They offered furlough but only until 4. Yeah, I am not coming back to work one hour.

So here I sit. Being paid triple time to read old posts on this forum and practice my creative writing skills. Woo hoo?

Hiya.

I'm here more or less by choice, though. Manager K asked if I could work today, since CW Mac would be out of town, and as a repayment, Mac would work my shift on Monday the 4th.

So I said yes.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quiet day here at the hotel. Expected a hangover crowd at breakfast but it was just a normal (if busy) day except for the smelly non-guests who snuck in, sat in the table I can't see from the desk and proceeded to stuff their faces and then fill their pockets with bagels. Our breakfast host went over and asked them how their stay was going, what room they were in and if they wanted it cleaned, exc. They told her a room number I KNOW for a fact has only an older couple in it (and said older couple were sitting on the other side of the lobby oblivious to their presence). Once they realized the breakfast host was onto them the fake guests beat it out the back exit.

Other than that, I'm tired because Doggie decided that barking at last night's (distant) fireworks was the proper response to the mild popping sounds, but it's a basically a normal workday. We didn't do anything last night, Hubby doesn't like crowds and I had to be in bed at 7:30 as per usual anyway.
      Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 01-01-2016, 06:46 PM.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

My store is closed today, which gives me a shot at recuperating from the bug I started coming down with yesterday.

Didn't even notice midnight, thanks to Nyquil.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I have to work at the mall, which is busy. Heard what sounded like fireworks last night.
          It's called common sense for a reason

Comment

Sitting at work on my lunch. The store is dead (and has way too many employees) and my department is quiet. But at least a slow day for me means necessary cleaning and snuggling puppies.

Comment

Ooh.... oh wait 'snuggling puppies' isn't what I thought it was :P
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                The phrase you were thinking of was "...smuggling puppies ..."

I want the pair with the pink noses...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I worked today, because it's Friday and those new ad signs weren't going to sort themselves. But my boss was off and I got to avoid the floor for most of my shift and I was gone by 1:35pm. I don't think I get another day off until Thursday (was off Monday and Tuesday this week) so it's going to be a long week coming.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    The phrase you were thinking of was "...smuggling puppies ..."

I want the pair with the pink noses...

Just like my friend's festive sweater---'lovely pups in a Christmas top'
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I was pimping guns. Saw a drunk mange to wipe out at 0900 and flip his car! Yelled at a guy who shot too fast and hit the overhead baffle and then the group stiffed me even though I could tossed them.
                      AkaiKitsune
                      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        I work with dogs all day and we only had a couple. Before we sent them all home early because the power went out. But then I got to go home early! Yay me!

Comment

LOL just another Friday at the red roof pizza place. Nothing special.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I was making sure the telephone building didn't burn down. 7am to 3pm...eight hours of boredom because only one other person was in and he was in his office on the second floor monitoring the telephone/internet/cable lines for any issues. I drank at least one pot of coffee to help keep myself awake with the rampant boredom that ensued. Playing video games and watching Netflix just wasn't cutting it. Oh well, I got paid $30/hr for my troubles yesterday!

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                              Quiet day here at the hotel. Expected a hangover crowd at breakfast but it was just a normal (if busy) day
                              Lol, our restaurant at the resort had over 400 covers in 7 hours by the time I got there at 4pm, so about a guest a minute!

Busy day NYE, busy day yesterday, I think today things might start to calm down.
                              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                              X