Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How good are you at figuring it up on paper? I always carry a few pieces of scrap paper and a pen or pencil with me because I have to write reminder notes to myself if I can't do something right away. I tend to jump from one task to another to another, so I sometimes forget what I'm doing in the middle of it.

I tend to have problems doing the math in my head, but I'm fine if I can see it written on paper. I've got all sorts of little tricks I've developed for helping myself out of those little jams we all get into with counting money back and forth. Lord knows how many receipts I print with little clarification notes written on them throughout the course of the day. I keep them to turn in with my paperwork in case the manager ever has questions about why I did something on my shift.

I frequently perform subtle little counting on my fingers maneuvers, and I do have the calculator on my cell phone if all else fails me.

Also, I'm perfectly happy with telling white lies to customers in order to make my job easier. For instance, I generally tell non-customers who ask for change that they'll have to make a purchase so I can open the drawer. I can open the drawer regardless, but the point is that we're not a bank. Sometimes, I don't have the change to spare, and sometimes I just don't feel like messing with it if someone is wanting to bust a $100 bill or 20 ones. It just depends on what the person is asking for and the attitude.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
    X