Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother, oh, why must you humiliate me so?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother, oh, why must you humiliate me so?!

All right, so I just got back from France, and my mother and I were heading over to Kohl's to get a picture album.
    Now, my mother wanted something /just right./ The ones I suggested were not good enough, too pricey, etc, etc, blah blah blah.

She went to customer service, and while she was there, I was amusing myself.
    Then, I see her dash by, with this 'I-am-going-to-rip-someone's-head-off' look on her face. It wasn't pretty.
    So I rushed to catch up.

This one poor man cheerfully asked, "Can I help you?"
    My mother replied with an angry "Not anymore!" Now, the guy looked bewildered. He didn't even do anything wrong, and she snapped at him.
    The only thing I could do was mutter a "sorry" at him and rush after her.

I was thoroughly embarrassed by her actions. Seriously, he did nothing wrong.
    Why, mother, WHY?!

I work retail, my Mom works retail. We complain about SCs. Somehow she cannot tell when she's being a SC herself. There are two stores I have not been back to after shopping there with her. I want to write a letter saying sorry and slip it under the door.
    Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
    The following is subject to change:
    If Your Going Through Hell,
    Keep Going...

Comment

I know the feeling, i was in a local store and an employee ran away from my mom once

Comment

Any employee (well, any human being in general) who has to deal with my paternal grandmother deserves a medal of honor, a raise, a hug, and a dozen chocolate chip cookies. Seriously, she's that crazy.

...Damn, now I want cookies.
        Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
        {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

@ Lady Heather - Yeah, that can be so silly. :/ Mom doesn't work anymore, but she used to ...
          But sometimes, I want to strangle her and yell "WHAT'RE YOU DOING?!"

@ Wal-Mart Cart Guy - O.O Dude, he ran AWAY?! Scary ...

@ Mr. Delirious - ... Now I want cookies, too.
          *puts a curse on you*
          Is she that crazy? Jeez, I'm so sorry!

Comment

Ergh. My mother's similar. Last month, I took my laptop in for some service, including getting a key reattached to my keyboard. Less than 5 minutes in to the conversation, she started tossing around the phrase "That's asinine" when told that the keyboard wasn't covered until the service plan I had. I made her go look at DVDs until I got through. And you know what? I still didn't have to pay anything, despite it not being covered. I like to think the guy had sympathy for my actually being related to her
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Hey, first things first, !

So what was it that got her so upset in the first place?

And more importantly, how was France?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth MrDelirious View Post
                Any employee (well, any human being in general) who has to deal with my paternal grandmother deserves a medal of honor, a raise, a hug, and a dozen chocolate chip cookies. Seriously, she's that crazy.
                The good thing about older people being assholes is that it's so much easier for them to have heart attacks. You just have to get them mad enough to raise their blood pressure and if you're lucky you'll win the day and have a good laugh on top of it while they're led away on a stretcher

Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

I actually wrote a letter apologizing for my father's outburst and threats he made to the Blockbuster employees over a late charge my brother had caused, and my dad went ballistic over the fact that they charged his credit card for it. He threatened to call the sherrif and everything else, and he threw the game at the employee on top of that!

Hopefully they took that apology well and never took any anger out on my brother or mother after that.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

With my mom, I usually explain to her, calmly, why she is getting upset. It shuts her up RIGHT quick. "Mom. You are yelling at this woman that the purple comforter doesn't come in the right size for my bed. This woman has no control over what is sold out and probably no control over what is ordered in the first place. She has even called four other locations requesting it, and there is nothing more we can do. Inhale, exhale, we can all move on with our lives." It kills her. XD

MrDelirious? You took the words right out of my mouth. My father's mother is a piece of work, I'm telling you. Aside from the horrible things she has done to my mother (let's not even go there) she is positively crude to her waiters and waitresses at restaurants. She will complain about everything- the food, the coffee ("It tastes like MUD!")- and sees nothing wrong with this. She even looks to me for support, at which time I promptly advise her as politely as possibly that the service has been great and the person is very busy and also a human being just like us. I hate going out anywhere with her. Nothing is right, even when it's perfect. I have stopped going places with her because it's embaressing to me. I'm a hostess and a barista, I know about trying to provide great service while being busy, stressed, yelled at from both sides (at my restaurant job, EVERYTHING is the hostess' fault,) and still trying to just keep getting everything done. The woman makes me positively sick.

Comment

Working...
                    X