This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ........ huh....

ok either this woman was trying to scam me, was stupid... or just an Asshat. You decide.

ill put this short and sweet.
    Woman calls up. I do my spiel. we says ok. I ask what her Debit, credit or check by phone.
    She says credit.
    ok visa or mastercard (we take it all types but visa and mastercard are the most common)
    Mastercard.
    Ok card number please.
    718-xxx
    Um ma'am.... your CARD number please. (oi to the vay)
    Oh sorry.
    Im sorry ma'am i thought you where using Mastercard, was that really visa?
    No its master card.
    4215?
    Are you sure?
    Yeah 4215.
    OK.. (ill just let this play out)
    4215 XXXX XXXX XXXX expires XXXX
    ok.... (hits the verify button) Im sorry ma'am but that is an invalid card type for that number, are you sure your using a mastercard.
    Yeah im sure im looking right at it.
    so thats 4215-XX-
    nO 5215
    Im sorry ma'am im just repeating the numbers YOU gave me.
    i dont know whats your problem is!!! i said 5215.
    I'm sorry ma'am but i cant read the card infront of you and i am dependant on you giving me the currect information(yes i was snotty)
    first you (long rant trying to make this all my fault but showing her stupidity) JUST CANCLE MY ORDER.
    ok ma'am though we could finish it if you would provide me with the currect card number (checks new card number... invalid ha!)
    (insults me and im intelegence. Click)

so was she trying to scam me or just stupid?

She was a moron who refused to admit she gave you the wrong number. Sadly, that's the typical customer attitude. If they're wrong they make a bigger fuss and scene.

Comment

Why can one not just ... admit. They. Did. Something. Stupid?!
      It makes my blood boil, especially when you try to correct them, and they fly off of the handle. =( It's really annoying. Sorry that you had to deal with someone like that ...

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
        Sadly, that's the typical customer attitude. If they're wrong they make a bigger fuss and scene.
        But of course. Don't you know that the super-intelligent customer is ALWAYS right, because the employee couldn't possibly be competent at their job? That's unheard of!

Comment

I never ask what card type, myself. These days, I don't even understand why any processing company even bothers to ask, since the different card types all start with different numbers.

I'd bet money that lady had a Visa, not a Mastercard, and that's why she started with 4.

Either that, or she had neither and was just a really stupid would-be scammer.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Visa cards start with 4, Mastercards start with 5

Discover is 6, AMEX is 3

I have that memorized for that reason.. the fact that no one can tell me what kind of card they have when they order

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post

Discover is 6, AMEX is 3
              I didn't know that!

Not only can I come here to commiserate or vent, I also get an edjamacashun.

Retail Haiku:
              Depression sets in.
              The hellhole is calling me ~
              I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post

Discover is 6, AMEX is 3

I have that memorized for that reason.. the fact that no one can tell me what kind of card they have when they order
                ahhh this is true but you got to be more specific.
                Visa 4
                Mastercard 5
                Discover 6011 (always, they all have the same first 4 digits)
                AMEX 37
                just so you know

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  ahhh this is true but you got to be more specific.
                  Visa 4
                  Mastercard 5
                  Discover 6011 (always, they all have the same first 4 digits)
                  AMEX 37
                  just so you know
                  And AmEx cards have a lousy number format. I don't like 'em and I'll be glad when we stop taking them again.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That's the epitome of immaturity: to refuse to admit you were wrong and made a mistake. That customer probably isn't taken seriously in her everyday life, nor does she deserve to.
                    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Working...
                    X