This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Seventh Day Sucketh. (long)

Sorry folks but I must throw an online tantrum. Sometimes my job can be fairly fun, but today it was just hellish.

Firstly, to begin my rant, I am quite poorly. I have a bad chest, a nasty cough, a bit of a blocked nose and inflamed tonsils, so basically, the end of a nasty bout of the lurgy. I felt like death warmed up for most of the day. Last night everyone went out for our manager's leaving do except me and another sick person because, well, we would have just sat there feeling like crap and not had any fun. So, next morning, someone naturally calls in "sick"...a self induced illness resulting from too much alcofrol. *sigh* We're busy, we've got a sale on, two sick workers in the shop coughing and spluttering, no manager (just senioir people) and short of staff... and so they day starts...

A customer came to pay with her account card but it needed authorising because it hadn't been used for a while. The lady on the other end of the phone told me to open a new one for her and give the lady 10% off her purchase as a welcome spend. No problemo. Except this woman was SO shirty about giving me her details! I do need some quite personal details to open a new account, like name, age, date of birth, employment, other credit card numbers (to use as ID) and so on...but when it came to giving her account a new password...

Me: "OK and a password, so if you need to ring and discuss details with them they can confirm it's you...most people use like...mother's maiden name or pet's name...?"
    Her: "You want ME to give YOU my password?!"

I was just so...shocked that I blurted out "Don't worry! I'm not going to use it!"

I was a bit insulted that she thought I'd steal her information. I mean, everyone has a right to be cautious but I have never had anyone be so...affronted by it when I asked before! I work for an established company and am just filling out the form on behalf of them and the credit card company! I was just a bit put out. Maybe I was just touchy because I felt like poo. So that put me in a bad mood. Moving onwards...

We sell home furnishings in our store upstairs, and an awful lot of people came downstairs today with their lamps and bedding and shizzle to pay because all three members of staff upstairs were busy and SHOCKHORROR! nobody could serve them on the till whilst they were with other people. The issue with this is that us lowly garments girls don't know what offers are going on with the furniture, so we have to double check prices, deal with people trying to scam us saying "NO I swear it was 50% off the lamp, not 20%!" and others just not having a clue ("Oooo was there anything off this item?" is met with a shrug and a huff when I dash off to check). With only two of us there, it was a nightmare running up and down trying to find out stuff whilst keeping an eye on the floor. I'm sure I heard the alarm go off at the door at least once, so god only knows if something got stolen.

Then, amongst this motley crew, there was the woman who comes in and thinks everyone will cater to her every whim. She seems to be one of those people who has quite a lot of cash, just from the way she talks and acts....pretty much like she's better than anyone else. I have dealt with her before. She was AWFUL. I might have mentioned her. Once, me and cool co-worker were upstairs and she was so rude, snappy, never said please nor thank you, nor kiss my arse, nothing. She then wanted to get some discount off a cushion because she had a voucher. The voucher was at home. "Can I not bring the voucher in another time and show you and take the cushion home?" Erm. No? Anyway, she went on and on with ridiculous suggestions (some of which were vaguely fraudulent and if an audit took place and anyone saw any of it we'd have failed instantly). Eventually she asked for a manager and he repeated what we said. She was not amused. She's been just as pleasant all the other times she's been in the shop. Fun.

BUT BACK TO THE PRESENT!
    She was all "Gosh it's so busy up here...I really need to order some furniture...can I do that down here?" Nope sorry we don't have that option on our GARMENTS till. She also got very snotty when my co-worker said:

"It's quite busy today with it being the sale, the best time is to perhaps come back and do it in the week...?"

Her: "erm...I actually WORK during the week!"

Yes. Well I actually work over the weekend so I can earn a living, appreciate others, continue my education and not end up with frillions of student debt...oh and not end up a nasty old witch like you. Good day.

I think that's all for now. Sorry to go on, but this site is cheaper than therapy! Hope everybody's week goes ok!
    ~a lass unparallel'd~

Is the store not open at night? Or do you keep bankers' hours just to inconvenience all the people with 9-5 jobs?

Hope next week is better!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've been feeling pretty rotten lately, too. Only for me it's a stuffy nose, clogged ears, and a bothersome throat.
      My Fanfic Page
      My Fiction Page
      My Social Group
      My Pet Social Group
      My You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
      X