Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof we are the sitcom channel of the gods.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof we are the sitcom channel of the gods.

My ship-out date was pushed back a month, so I still work at the convenience store. A few gems from today.

No Purchase, No Cry- er, Change
    Guy comes up waving a twenty, wanting change.

Guy: "Hey man, I need four fives." *Slaps the bill on the counter*
    Me: "Sorry, can't open the drawer without a sale. Store policy."
    Guy: "Oh, come on man, help me out there. I need those fives! You can't open it if you had to drop cash or anything?"
    Me: "I could, yes."
    Guy *grinning triumpantly*: "So you can open it? Great! I just need four fi-"
    Me *smiling back*: "Not gonna do it though."
    Guy: "Why not?! You just said you could!"
    Me: "With a purchase, yes. Store policy."

He ended up buying a dollar lottery ticket, and wouldn't you know, only had two fives in the drawer. *We ALWAYS run short on fives during the weekend, without fail.*

Back up, or lose your hand
    Jackass who frequents the store comes in. No one likes him, I tolerate him long as he behaves... which ironically enough, is usually when I'm working. Apparently I have the "Will slit your throat with a paper clip and drink your blood while howling at the moon" aura at work.

Goober: "Smokes." *God, I hate this game, but I'm so good at it. The irony.*
    Me *leaning against the register being bored*: "Fine, pack of Capris." *Goes to grab a pack*
    Goober: "No! I don't want that fag shit man, it's too damn expensive!"
    Me: "I've warned you about saying 'fag' in the store. Last warning. Now, you gonna tell me what you want, or should I pick the next most expensive brand?" *edges hand towards the Mistys*
    Goober *scowling*: "Shit man, gimme packa Mustangs!" *thinks for a moment, I can hear the gears squealing* "Uh... regulars."
    Me *ringing up a pack*: "Three ninety-seven. Cash or plastic?"
    Goober flicks his card at me. Classy guy, no?
    I scan his card and wait to see if it goes through this time. While waiting, I see him reaching across the counter for the smokes still in my hand.
    Me: "You into pain?"
    Goober: "Huh?" *Hand stops moving.*
    Me: "I asked, are you into pain? Because if you try and take these smokes from my hand, you will lose your hand in the process. At the shoulder. Think about it."
    Goober decided it was better to wait for his card to clear than try and take the smokes.

There were a few others, but I forget what they are. I'll post them when I remember.

God what is wrong with people. Why do they have to make a regular transaction so damn difficult?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Posts like these bring back the memories.....a simple transaction involving cigarettes or lottery tickets can ultimately turn into a game of fricken Mountain Climber on the Price is Right!

Remember "the game", as I always called it? Customers playing stupid games over cigarettes.

Yet I remember customers ALWAYS in such a hurry. If you are so cramped for time, why are you taking 10 minutes making me run back and forth for one fucking pack of smokes?

Oh and the touching!!! You are much braver than I.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I almost always take my cigarettes off the counter before my debit clears, but to my credit I
        a) always make sure I can AFFORD them
        b) 9/10 times buy my cigarettes at one of two regular stores, so they know me well at both places.

Comment

If you're lucky he might smoke himself to death and then you'll be free of him
          Total surrender
          Your touch is so tender
          Your skin is like water on a burning beach
          And it brings me relief
          "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
            I almost always take my cigarettes off the counter before my debit clears, but to my credit I
            a) always make sure I can AFFORD them
            b) 9/10 times buy my cigarettes at one of two regular stores, so they know me well at both places.
            Yeah, but I'd bet you've never removed them from a clerk's hand while they are waiting for the transaction to clear which is what the SC did

Comment

Quoth Killer Bees View Post
              If you're lucky he might smoke himself to death and then you'll be free of him
              Unfortunately, not as likely as some would like the public to think. He'll be one of those tough old goats that lasts till he's 90.

There was some study done on old people to find out what they had in common. The only factor that was consistant between all of them was that none of them had out-of-control diabetes. High blood sugar kills more surely than any other health problem or risk out there.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth The Scaly Bard View Post

Back up, or lose your hand
                Jackass who frequents the store comes in. No one likes him, I tolerate him long as he behaves... which ironically enough, is usually when I'm working. Apparently I have the "Will slit your throat with a paper clip and drink your blood while howling at the moon" aura at work.

Goober: "Smokes." *God, I hate this game, but I'm so good at it. The irony.*
                Me *leaning against the register being bored*: "Fine, pack of Capris." *Goes to grab a pack*
                Goober: "No! I don't want that fag shit man, it's too damn expensive!"
                Me: "I've warned you about saying 'fag' in the store. Last warning. Now, you gonna tell me what you want, or should I pick the next most expensive brand?" *edges hand towards the Mistys*
                Goober *scowling*: "Shit man, gimme packa Mustangs!" *thinks for a moment, I can hear the gears squealing* "Uh... regulars."
                Me *ringing up a pack*: "Three ninety-seven. Cash or plastic?"
                Goober flicks his card at me. Classy guy, no?
                I scan his card and wait to see if it goes through this time. While waiting, I see him reaching across the counter for the smokes still in my hand.
                Me: "I asked, are you into pain? Because if you try and take these smokes from my hand, you will lose your hand in the process. At the shoulder. Think about it."
                Goober decided it was better to wait for his card to clear than try and take the smokes.

There were a few others, but I forget what they are. I'll post them when I remember.
                *stares in awe* i dont know if your male or female but right now im imagining you in a black vinal pants and vest with a whip and a spiked paddle... good god that was freaking awesome.

Comment

Quoth The Scaly Bard View Post
                  Reminds me of detective Del Spooner in I, Robot (Will Smith) after one of the guards in the elevator grips Spooner's shoulder,

"So what hospital are you going to? I'll meet you there and sign you and your buddies' casts. "
                  You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Working...
                  X