This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jest introducing myself

Hi everyone ...first time caller long time list...I mean long time lurker first time posting. I am the only customer service person at an insurance agency. But please dont hold this against me ! We get our share of sucky customers ..and it is at this job I feel like it has been the basic training of how to handle people,and that I have learned a very important rule and that is "Never let em see you sweat" ,that deodorant commercial was right.
    Right now its late ,and I'd like to tell you some really suck customer stories but I need to think about them and what transpired. Right now I'll just give you examples of the calls I get from lein holders..and people at dealerships. They are a different breed all together . I think a lot of them get sheer joy out of thinking "I can take away this persons car if I wanna!!" , I think a lot of them are thinking "Ah she cant see me! If I talk this way she will think I'm a big burly 300 line backer that I fantasize I am, and she will be impressed and doooo as i command"
    Just a scenario that happens a lot::

Me:
    WBDM (whiney baby dealership man)

Me: Hello , Blah Blah agency this is Wow ,May I help you?
    WBDM: Yes, this is Floyd from Super Duper Car Dealership. Joe McDuck just bought a car,and I want to make sure he's added it on to his insurance. Or added us a lein
    Me: Well I see he hasnt that vehicle on just yet. (or he has it on but youre not on as lein)
    WBDM: Well I need to add this vehicle on (or i need to add our name as lien) can you do that for me ?
    Me : No sir,not without his signature, we have to have his signature to change anything on his policy . (or if he wants to add them as lein I tell him he has to fax something from his dealership -like the agreement)
    WBDM : (at this point the whining starts) BUT!! NO OTHER INSURANCE AGENCY MAKES US DOOOOO THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS. WHY IS YOURS THE ONLY ONNNNNNNE???????
    ME: OK
    WBDM: ..........
    ME................ (silence tick tock)
    ME: You may want to call Mr McDuck to do this (or I tell them -so will you be faxing me the info?)
    WBDM: Ok I'll call him. (or ok whats your fax number)

And I did have this nasty woman from a lein. I had to put her on hold, then I get back with her . I say " How can i help you? And she devil says "Well I see you dont know what youre doing!!" *Click* from me. She didnt call back.

I've been on the other end of this before, as it was our responsibility to make sure cars that have been financed have appropriate insurance information, otherwise we risk not having the loan go through for us and not getting our money from the bank.

That being said, it is rare to have to give a written signature, though I think it's been required once or twice. The solution? Our management had it hammered into our heads that whenever possible, we're to get that information while the customer's still there. That way, if we need a signature, we can get it right then and there.

I also got to know each insurance company's quirks...usually State Farm is easy-going, Progressive and GEICO are easy to deal with, USAA has to speak with the customer first (and will sometimes try to beat our financing rate, so we do it after they've signed the papers and before I show them the car). It's those weird insurance companies (not necessarily agents) that nobody's heard of that are the biggest pain, because we don't know what to expect.
    "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth wowitshotintexas View Post
      But please dont hold this against me !
      No reason to hold that against you, old bean. Decent insurance is more than worth its weight in gold.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
      X