Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will kill you! And call the police! (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth donruss View Post
    Also, after you kicked him out, you took his champaigne, isnt that called theft, which is also a crime if I am correct?
    It is an offence to serve acohol to someone who is drunk.

A licencee (or their designated person) can remove anyone from a licenced premises if they are drunk or acting in a manner likely to cause disruption (or is in fact doing so). This is irrespective of whether or not they have a drink or if they have just bought one.

By removing the drunken idiots drink they are removing the temptation for drunken idiot to remain and kick up a fuss.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
      i don't think they're even in the same league....

i agree with this.

Your right, not in the same league, as is any "sport" that is allowed to end in a tie. <TAXI, LART shelter, and step on it!>

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
        Man, what is with those UK football rowdies? They make us American football fans look like civilized and cultured. (well, some of us) You should have called the police for him so they could have a good laugh at his story as well.
        You mean raiders fans? *ducks*
        Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
        --Unknown

Comment

Yea, no offense customersruinmylife, but I don't think you handled the situation well.

If the bottle was unopened, and the guy wanted his card back so badly, I would have taken the bottle away from him..then handed him his card back.

If the bottle was already open, I can see you charging him for it/taking it away when he threatened you.

But, your co-worker should not have signed the credit slip. The worst the guy could do would be to dispute the charge, or as your co-worker put it, it wouldn't really matter if the slip was blank. As long as the guy didn't dispute the charge, it would make no difference.

If a customer was that crazy, I'd probably just write off the cheap champagne, though.

At least his friend seemed to think everything was alright.
          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
            Was this the game against Toronto FC? I know nothing of this sport but apparently my team had a game yesterday.
            It was the Champions' League final, Manchester vs. Chelsea. I don't care about football, but lots of people around here seem to go boink about it.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
              You mean raiders fans? *ducks*

Haha.. yea, they're close. Also, You see some real sub-human behavior at Jets/Dolphins games too. But still it pales in comparison to these soccer fans who terrorize cities, try to burn down stadiums, cause massive riots etc. You don't get that here, even at Raiders games.
              I will never go to school!

Comment

Yeah, soccer fans are one of the reasons I think the Earth would do a lot better without human beings. Anybody heard of what happened during the French League's Cup finals ? Those people are a shame to mankind as a whole.
                "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Uh.. I have to chime in on the opposite of the crowd this time. CRML got threatened, abused, and ASSAULTED. The SC got off light, as he SHOULD have been arrested and then SUED by CRML. Drinking the forfeited Champagne might have been a little over the top.. but the SC deserved it.

Comment

Yes, he was sucky. But I'd say you matched him in suckiness quite well.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                    She took the slip off him, scribbled down a fake signature and stuffed it in the register.

This is fraud. Good for a few years in prison in most places.

The SC threw the pen he was holding at my face.

This is assault. But it doesn't excuse your bad behavior.

I took the champagne out the bucket and put it back in the fridge.

And this is robbery (he's present, which changes simple theft into the more serious crime of robbery). Since you didn't use violence, it's probably not a felony. But even so, as you said, the charge already went through, and he already paid his money. That's his bottle, not yours, and you stole it from him.

If he complains to his credit card company about the fraud and robbery you and your co-worker committed, the credit card company will land on you like a ton of lawyers. If a store clerk, manager or not, did this, my expectation would be the clerks would be fired.

If he had called the police, you'd be in worse trouble than he would, as between you, you and your co-worker committed a gross misdemeanor and a felony (and because you were working together, it makes you accomplices to the other person's crime), while the SC only committed a gross misdemeanor.

Comment

You were just as sucky as him. Hope you don't go to jail over this.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                        And this is robbery (he's present, which changes simple theft into the more serious crime of robbery). Since you didn't use violence, it's probably not a felony. But even so, as you said, the charge already went through, and he already paid his money. That's his bottle, not yours, and you stole it from him.
                        Except as Crazylegs pointed out, it's not robbery if he's ejecting the SC from the premises, as the bar has every right not to allow alcohol out the door. And CRML wasn't the one who scribbled on the slip, so I fail to see why everyone's saying he's the sucky one.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          as the bar has every right not to allow alcohol out the door.
                          In addition quite a few city centres now have Byelaws prohibiting open alcohol containers within the city centre so CRML probably stopped another offence...

(Most On Licences also have Off licence allowences for sealed containers as well...)
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

When I tended bar -you could refuse service to anyone for any reason regardless of if they just paid for their drinks or not. Not only that, and a bit off topic, but to start a tab at the places I worked required us holding a credit card. If you walked your tab and left your credit card, we had a policy - that was posted - that a 15% gratuity would be added to walked tabs.

CRML did not sign the slip - so there is no fault there - if it didn't matter if it was signed or not, the coworker should've just left it blank and put it aside.

The customer was in the wrong because they started insulting CRML first. Regardless of how CRML reacted in this situation - this is a bar we are talking about people, no it doesn't help to ever stoop to someone else's level - however, in MY OPINION, bars are an exception to the rule about how SCs are treated.

Taking the champagne back after it was paid for falls into the category of refusing service to anyone (at any point) regardless of if they are a paying customer.
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                              When I tended bar -you could refuse service to anyone for any reason regardless of if they just paid for their drinks or not. Not only that, and a bit off topic, but to start a tab at the places I worked required us holding a credit card. If you walked your tab and left your credit card, we had a policy - that was posted - that a 15% gratuity would be added to walked tabs.

CRML did not sign the slip - so there is no fault there - if it didn't matter if it was signed or not, the coworker should've just left it blank and put it aside.

The customer was in the wrong because they started insulting CRML first. Regardless of how CRML reacted in this situation - this is a bar we are talking about people, no it doesn't help to ever stoop to someone else's level - however, in MY OPINION, bars are an exception to the rule about how SCs are treated.

Taking the champagne back after it was paid for falls into the category of refusing service to anyone (at any point) regardless of if they are a paying customer.
                              I agree with this statement.
                              This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

Quoth kiokushitaka View Post
                                I agree with this statement.
                                Everytime I see someone say that, I think of a political ad, OT I know, but still.

I'm blank, and I agree with this statement.

Oh, and I agree with the statement as well. But I'd still like to know if it had been opened or not, because regardless of whether it was okay to take it and drink it later, doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.
                                I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                                In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Working...
                                X