This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psyco stalker (short)

Yay, we got our first psyco stalker at the hotel tonight... I must admit she is good, she came in said she had lost her key and she knew what the room number and name on the room were... it's common for those people to know the name or the number, but not both. Needless to say, she seems legit, I make her a replacement key and an hour later all hell breaks lose. Thankfully police haven't been involved (yet, the guest suspects she may have stolen some of his property in which case he will have to file a report). Oh and the psyco lady may have caused damage in the room... oh this is going to get interesting... I can't wait until tomorrow when I can get an update on this.

(as it is I already cleared all other keys from his room and issued him a newly coded key and will leave a note for the next shift that the no one but the primary name of the room will be allowed to get replacement keys).
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Oh, keep us up-to-date!

In Hong Kong I went to get a second key from the desk. The required that I had the first key in my possession before they'd make another card. I was happy about the good security.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Wow. Crafty little psycho, isn't she?

Unless I recognize the person asking for a key (I remember the guests that I like) I generally ask for ID first.

Of course, I'm probably a bad girl of late. We've been having problems with people coming in lately, paying cash and putting down a CC for incidentals (so we don't have to take 25$ to hold the room until check out). When the person check's out, we quickly learn that they'd smoked/damaged/did drugs in the room and when we went to charge their cards? Oh noes! Cancelled!
      So the last few people I've checked in, when they handed me their ID (hotel policy, checking IDs) I would write down their Driver License numbers in the folio. There is a secondary address line that shows up on our computer but not that print out, so I note it there. Why?

Because the last few times the police have been in (due to drug traffickers) they have requested the people's information thinking we gather that sort of thing (Yeah bubba, like I'm going to ask a complete stranger what their Social Security Number is). I figured it might be just as easy to track these people down from their DL #s, right? (I also note the state, such as DL# XXX-XXX-XXX TX.)
      Thing is, I dunno if I can get in trouble for that.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

You might want to check with your management (and they might want to check with legal representation) about that. Sounds like the kind of thing where they should have a warrant.

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
          You might want to check with your management (and they might want to check with legal representation) about that. Sounds like the kind of thing where they should have a warrant.
          Thanks for the advice Marasbaras. I'll talk to my boss about it and the next officer that comes in. (I get a couple coming in daily so they can have something cold to drink, finish up some paperwork in the air conditioning and share a few work related stories.)

I'll let ya know how it goes.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Cool, please do. I mention it not because I want to protect drug dealers ... but, because it might (I am not a lawyer, so I'm not sure) open your company to some kind of invasion of privacy lawsuit.

Comment

No problem. I understand you're just trying to look out for me.

Comment

Stalkers suck. I'm currently dealing with a myspace stalker. If anyone has any suggestions for how to get rid of them, please PM me(BTW: I have already blocked them numerous times)

Also, I don't think you can get into trouble for noting a DL#(I live in Georgia, I don't know how it is where you live). I have to take down the DL# everytime I get a personal check, but still you should ask and make sure.
                Check out my cosplay social group!
                http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

At my hotel, we actually copy the id that is given. There's a strict policy that we do not check anyone in without a copy of an id. I don't usually have a problem with guests and the policy. But I did have to refuse to check in one woman because she wouldn't even let me copy down her id number. She pitched an absolute hissy fit about it. So we lost that reservation for the night. But I resold it later at full rack rate and she was a discount rate so it worked out better for us.

BTW. I live in WA state.

Comment

last time a checked if you have it in your policy where they have to show id for check in, that you tacking down the info from this identifaction for your record is ok possibly even expected

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                      Stalkers suck. I'm currently dealing with a myspace stalker. If anyone has any suggestions for how to get rid of them, please PM me(BTW: I have already blocked them numerous times)

Have you tried contacting Myspace about this person? When you block them, do they just make a new profile and come at you again? Maybe the powers-that-be at Myspace can find a way to permanently block the person from access....maybe not. On the grand scheme of things, that may be too much work.
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Man, I wish we were more strict about who we check-in. We are supsta check IDs as well, but we more then often get "Oh...I don't have an ID." I am mostly likely gonna tell em too bad, but the Managers don't if course.

Sorry about your situation. We tend to only ask Name/Rm number also. I find it odd that she knew his room number. He had to have told her.

I have sooo many guests get anry with me when I ask for ID and/or name/rm number. It's like the world should revolve around them. I personally prefer the security.
                        When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          Because the last few times the police have been in (due to drug traffickers) they have requested the people's information thinking we gather that sort of thing (Yeah bubba, like I'm going to ask a complete stranger what their Social Security Number is). I figured it might be just as easy to track these people down from their DL #s, right? (I also note the state, such as DL# XXX-XXX-XXX TX.)
                          Everywhere I've worked, I've had to write down such information on checks for the same reasons- if the check bounces, we have someone to call. However, this too can get scammed... if they have the wrong address listed, for example.

Holy crap, the lengths people go to..! Stalkers are a scary group of people.
                          This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post

Sorry about your situation. We tend to only ask Name/Rm number also. I find it odd that she knew his room number. He had to have told her.

not necessarily, I did think of how she could have found out the room number without asking him... we do have 2 computers, the second computer is visible by the guest from the main computer and I often just leave the second computer on the room board (most people calling in either need to be connected to a room, need to know what is still available, or make a reservation... all can be done easily from the room board). I guess it would be possible to find out the room number by looking at the room board, but the writing is pretty small and it would be pretty obvious if you were trying to find a name on it... it is a possibility though.
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

most hotels i've been in in VA requested that i list the make/model, color, and plates. prolly for the same reason, and to make sure people dont use the parking lot if they're not guests

Comment

Working...
                              X