Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give me some warning before you blow up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me some warning before you blow up?

Nothing really big, just noticed that in the last few days there have been quite a few SC's that are nice one second, and exploding with rage the next:

Glowstick Girl

Last night I stayed an hour and a half late to help close the service desk, or at least I was supposed to. Around 9 pm we were hit with lines remniscent of Christmas rush, so I hoped on a register to cut them down. About 9:55 as I'm finishing up the last customer in my line, I turn my light off and set my "lane closed" sign out. Keep in mind at this point I've worked a 9 and a half hour shift, and more importantly store policy states that every 5 hours worked in a row, you MUST take at least a 30 minute break. I got back from my lunch at 5pm, meaning I now have 5 minutes to clock out, or else I have to take a 30 min lunch, then clock back in for 30 minutes (you have to wait 30 minutes between each punch).

Anyway, this teenage girl comes up, looks at my turned off light, looks at the lane closed sign and asks "Are you Open?". I'm used to this, and while it's annoying I'm not about to get upset over it. I smile and polietly tell her "No, I'm sorry I'm closed." She looks around at the lines at the other registers and then looks back at me. At this point she literally SCREAMS "THIS IS F**KING BULLSH*T" and throws the glowstick she wanted to buy at me. I am simply dumbfounded. I mean if she would have sighed and nicely asked me to check her out, I probably would have, despite my time restraints ( I could have done it). But she gave me no time before throwing that at me and storming away.

Sunglass Lady

So tonight, I once again was asked to stay this time, 2 hours past my shift to close the service desk. While up at the desk a lady walks up and asks my co worker, M if she can borrow a pair of scissors to cut a tag off her sunglasses. Company policy is that before we cut tags off of anything we need to see the receipt. It's common sense, we're not about to give you a free pass out. Anyway, she tells Sunglass lady this, and Sunglass lady turns to look at me with a "this girl is an idiot, just give me the scissors" look. I promptly say "Unfortunatly we do need to see the receipt" in my most sympathetic voice.

Sunglass lady does not like this, and she freaks out. She walks away loudly complaing about how it's bullsh*t and that we think she's a theif, and it's ridiculous because she's buying 80$ worth of groceries, but we think she's a theif.

Yes m'am. Because I know what your buying, in fact you just told us that your not finished checking out, but I sure as hell know what you've bought and what you can afford. Also, your not special. I have never, EVER seen ANYONE get the tag cut off without a receipt. We're not being bitchy, we're following policy as well as using common sense.

Apparently when M went on her break a few minutes later she walked by the lady who loudly said to her husband "and here comes the bitch now!"

Argh.
    "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Both stories would quickly earn a ban from me for the "customers" in question.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I agree. "Ma'am, leave the store now," is a good response to her "bitch" comment.

i mean hell... if you're gonna be called a bitch, might as well earn it right?

Comment

Yeah, sunglasses lady - she needs a free trip through
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Sunglasses lady needs to grow up, calling people bitch as they go past should have been left behind in High School. It seems so bloody juvenile. And anyway, if she hadn't checked out yet then the glasses weren't hers, therefore no receipt. I guess we should just "trust" her to pay for them on the way out, as of course she would because she's not a thief *sarcasm*.
          It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Nothing big? Assaulted with a glowstick and called a bitch for doing your job?

That's mighty big, my friend.

'Course, knowing where you work, most of the managers of that chain are ok with customers assaulting and cussing out their emps, right?

Here is a for you. I'm sorry!
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Aw thank you Peppergirl. ^.^

And I thought I would clarify, she didn't actually hit me with the glowstick, but it landed right on the scanner in front of me.

And as far as banning people, we're not allowed to do it. Well, we can in extremly violent situations or if they cuss up a storm, but I'm sure if we would have told these customers to get out, we would have been coached.
              "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

Quoth Enigma View Post
                "and here comes the bitch now!"
                "That's funny. I was just thinking the same thing about you!"
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I had something of this nature happen at Macy's once - this woman came up wanting to return a handbag, she was perfectly pleasant until the register wouldn't allow us to credit the amount back to the card she'd used. Then she rather flipped out......wasn't quite resorting to name-calling, didn't cuss, but did make it obvious that she thought my co-worker and I were idiots for not being able to complete the transaction smoothly. (we ended up having to call one a manager to get a work-around solution)

Comment

wow...that's pretty juvenile to throw a tantrum and to call somebody a bitch when they pass by. Those SC's need to grow up and a to get some sense knocked in their heads.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Glowstick girl is probably some spoiled rotten brat who has never been told 'no' in her life. Sunglass lady sounds like she's the bitch. If I were her husband, I probably would have been walking along pretending that I don't know her.
                      "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                      ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Working...
                      X