This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!...need to recover a paper

I was hoping anyone here could help me to recover a paper. I wrote this thing all day and its due on Tuesday. Please anyone who can help me I will give many cookies or booze or whatever you want.

I am attaching a copy of what happened to my paper.12 Angry Men Film Analysis.doc
    Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Hon, I tried opening it up and changing it around...

Do you have a previous version at all?

I think it's hoseded.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I have to agree. I hope you are able to get it redone.

Comment

One of these tools *might* be able to help.

http://lifehacker.com/396945/undelet...eted-documents
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Okay, I just tried it with OpenOffice.org 2.4, and that failed to open it cleanly. And OO.o is usually known for its ability to read files that MSO cannot. I'll try it with 3.0 when I get home tonight, but I'm not very hopeful.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
            Okay, I just tried it with OpenOffice.org 2.4, and that failed to open it cleanly. And OO.o is usually known for its ability to read files that MSO cannot. I'll try it with 3.0 when I get home tonight, but I'm not very hopeful.
            Beat you to the punch Pedersen, and it's a no go. Part of it opened cleanly, but I don't think it's enough to really salvage.

Comment

Okay, that sucks pretty horridly. Let me try anything else I can think of.

ETA: The best I could find still looks to be horribly incomplete. Maybe it can help a little bit, at least. I'd also recommend taking the corrupted file over to the professor, and explain what happened. When things spiral out of the control of the student, most will cut a break.
              Last edited by Pedersen; 09-14-2012, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your help in trying to recover my paper. I wound up having to re-write it. I really appreciate the help!
                Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

Working...
                X