This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a suprise.

A month or so ago, while school was in session, I had this guy (maybe 2-3 years older than me) come through my line to buy some work boots. They rang up around $40. He had $37 and some change to his name. He has come in before, and he was telling me how he graduated early so he could work construction for the rest of the summer. When he handed me $37, and embarassingly told me that was all he had, I gave him the rest of the money.

Now, he had his work boots. He kept telling me "No, you don't have too. I'll come back in later tonight after work and buy them." I said "Don't worry about it man."

When he left, he told me he would pay me back next time he saw me. Well, on Monday night, I thought I recognized the guy. Sure enough, he gave me $5 instead of $3 and told me he appriciated it.

I like people like that.
    Happily free of Kwik Trip!

That was mighty nice of him to come back and pay you. Especially after you told him not to worry about it.

If they're nice like that, you CAN honestly say, "Don't worry about it, we've got you covered." Of course, he probably had pride and INSISTED that you take the whole $5, am I right?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
      That was mighty nice of him to come back and pay you. Especially after you told him not to worry about it.

If they're nice like that, you CAN honestly say, "Don't worry about it, we've got you covered." Of course, he probably had pride and INSISTED that you take the whole $5, am I right?
      I didn't know what to do, so I took it and set it on my register. I mean, it was only a couple of dollars, and the kid needed work boots.
      In all honesty, if customers give me the respect I give them, everything goes by smooth and I keep seeing the same people
      Happily free of Kwik Trip!

Comment

Working...
      X