X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introducing myself

Hello!

I was told of this website by a friend of mine, who is a member. Such interesting stories you have! After lurking for a few days, I thought I'd register and mingle.

My resume:

I haven't worked with the general public for a while now. Early in my working career I did, however, holding jobs in fast food, MegaLoMart-type stores, grocery stores, even a handful of stop 'n robs About 11 years ago I decided I'd had enough abuse at the hands of self-absorbed (and often malicious) customers and the rapid succession of 'management zombie-clone of the month' types and went to work in manufacturing.

Since I've been out of retail for quite some time now, I don't have all that many stories to relate, at least, not recent ones. But it is good to be among people who feel as I do about working with the general public.

I look forward to talking (or corresponding, as the case may be) with all of you!

Welcome to the fold.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Welcome aboard!

No worries, feel free to pot any sorts of work stories you like. Kick off your shoes, pull up a chair, and get 'em off your chest.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

There's also Morons in Management, Roadkill, etc. etc.

You don't have to be a customer to suck.

Comment

We even have a sucky family and neighbor section....well not per se--you can bring that up in Off-Topic.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X