This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wimp is a <insert name>

Ok, sometimes I know people have a hard time believing me when I tell them.. my memory, concentration, and ability to process information have declined greatly because of my medical issues. I have lost count how many times I go searching for a word.. and it will just not be there. It frustrates me to no end. Yesterday I took it too a whole new level though

In my family, if we pick on you.. that means we like you. Also we can pick on family, but nobody else can (well.. people we pick on can). My 2nd cousin was talking about how he would 'have to hurt <insert name>" (<insert name> = My oldest brother, just so you know).

To which my cousins wife said "I can see you being hurt by <insert name>, instead"

I was trying to say "<Insert name> is a wimp", but it came out the title of this thread. *facepalm*.. yay my brain!
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

We do it so often we have a name for it. Cranberries. As you can imagine, that comes from a mis-chosen word.

The worst is when I can completely and perfectly define a word, but can't remember it anyway.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Perhaps you could get one of those refrigeration troll hats, as modeled by Jools...
      [/TP]
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I generally have always had a large vocabulary. So when I have trouble remembering the word 'brick' (as an example) I can remember something like Cobblestone.. but the word brick.. five letters... I couldn't remember for the life of me. Worse, when people suggest what word it might be, it gets me even more flustered when I can not remember it.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          So when I have trouble remembering the word 'brick' (as an example) I can remember something like Cobblestone.. but the word brick.. five letters... I couldn't remember for the life of me.
          Just curious, but did you ever try to "jailbreak" a phone and wind up cobblestoning it instead?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Nah, but I did try to cobblestone a phone and ended up jailbreaking it. ( ).

Comment

That's okay, Mytical, I've been doing that for years! "Here, put this in the...the....thing..." (pointing at the refrigerator). "I bought some...um...y'know...stuff..." (could be anything! ) And I have a word-oriented brain...I shudder to think what I'd do with numbers...
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

When I was a young teen, my Mom and I had a routine. If one of us forgot a word or name, we had to add it to a list and then recite the list, including the new addition.

Some of the words and names from the list (that I can remember):

Acromeglia
                Keeley Smith
                Louis Prima
                The Incomparable Hildegard
                Gale Sondergard

and about 10 others. LOL!
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

You know the sad part? If I had been trying to be Yoda.. this would have worked

Comment

Working...
                  X