This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics from My Trip

I decided to take the mother of all train trips again this year. This time I went from my hometown to Chicago to Denver to Emeryville to LA and back again. It was a blast. Here are some pics from the trip.

http://michiganexposures.blogspot.co...n-station.html
    First link....

http://michiganexposures.blogspot.co...ine-again.html
    Last link

That looks like a BLAST!! Would love to take that kind of trip!!!
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Sounds like a great trip, and some really gorgeous shots! I love all the nature pics

I'd love to take a train trip across the country...trains are the one form of transportation that doesn't make me totally motion sick* so I could actually enjoy the view.

*Actually I don't know about planes; I've never chanced flying without Dramamine, but I hate flying for other reasons and while the view from above is cool you can't exactly see the scenery from up there.

ETA:
      BTW, your comment on how do the rock climbers get the ropes up had me curious.
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-09-2011, 12:53 PM.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

One of my long term goals is go to Chicago and use that as my starting point. Then I would take the Empire Builder up to Seattle. From there I would catch the Coast Starlight down to LA. Then the Sunset Limited to New Orleans. From there, whatever train goes from New Orleans to Florida and then up to Maine and then back to Chicago (and then home). Given that each leg is roughly 2.5 days, the train portion would take close to 2 weeks. So I would be looking at about a month in order to spend a little time in some places.

Comment

Beautiful pics! I LOVE train trips
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
          X