This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!

I've been seriously hunting for another part-time or a full-time job since May last year, preferably something to do with my interests (history, people, the past, etc) but, as time went on, I would have willingly taken just about anything. But with a Masters in German, a PhD in English/Creative Writing and some physical issues that meant shelf-stocking was out of the question, I was sending off a lot of applications and not getting much back.

I have finally managed to get another part-time job - working for the National Trust here. All my interests in one place! Okay, it's only for twelve months, but at least that's a year with more money coming in, a foot in the door of an organisation it would be a privilege to work for, and me not sitting at home mucking around on the internet because I'm bored.

Woo hoo!
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Hey, it could be experience for a similar job later. :-)
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Way to go!

Comment

Very nice, and hopefully will get you contacts for something even better.
        Meeeeoooow.....
        Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
          Hey, it could be experience for a similar job later. :-)
          Definitely what I'm hoping, too!

Comment

Okay, so after my first day, this job:

*Involves me opening and closing the mansion and various things in the grounds for the public, meaning I have to walk around 13ha property twice a day and run up and down stairs a lot

*Will have me trained in OH&S, First Aid, tour-guiding, and also conservation of the various things within the house

*Is a weekend-based job, meaning I won't have a free weekend until the end of the contract/ever again

*As a direct result of above, means I will be overseeing lots of weddings (I suspect there will be STORIES)

*Rather unexpectedly means I will be manager of the entire property for the weekend, including overseeing staff, dealing with any problems that may arise, etc.

Holy carp, boys and girls! Even if it ends after 12 months, my resume is going to look super-shiny as a result!

Comment

oh I love that place.(I've been in love with it since I went there for an excursion in primary school in the 80's). I've been meaning to get back there sometime.

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
                oh I love that place.(I've been in love with it since I went there for an excursion in primary school in the 80's). I've been meaning to get back there sometime.
                Well, to give you more reason (depending on your taste, of course) we have coming up:

An Easter Egg hunt on Sunday
                A Victoria-themed day in June (the era not the state)
                An exhibition of wedding dresses from the National Trust collection between July and September

Anything interest you?

Comment

Working...
                X