This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh... kay...

You guys know K, right? The promoter at our bar? I had a rather odd little chat with the woman who did the promoting before he was hired. I'll refer to her as TG.

TG was kind of an odd case. Personality-wise, she was the nicest, sweetest person alive. She always thanked the bands for playing that night, she was always in a good mood, and she didn't have any problems buying drinks for the people she worked with, the bar's staff (and myself) included. Then we have her professional side: she made some big promises that she was hardly ever able to keep. The bands would complain more often that I'm comfortable thinking about about how they were promised X amount of money and she couldn't give it to them after the show because she didn't have it. The event that led to us cancelling her services for us stemmed from a show where she promoted on behalf of another company that was based in another city, and couldn't even pay the bar staff involved in the shows (sound engineer and door person) or the bands, which is even more important. I talked to her directly about what happened with the pay, and she said that there were complications with the money order that she received was in too bad of a shape to cash in. As in, it was kinda trashed. I asked her why she couldn't just take out a loan from the bar itself to at least pay door and sound, and she repeated her story verbatim. I just walked away from that conversation. From what I heard once K took over the promoting gig, TG was behind our last few raids by the alcohol commission. The agent who raided us the last time even told us that 'that woman is starting to get on our nerves'. (I know, the balls on that guy, but still.)

I checked my email earlier tonight and noticed that I'd received a text message in my email address asking if I was me. I said yes, and she told me who she was and that she was coming by on Saturday.

I'm already planning on letting the upper echelons know about this, but should I be worried at this point?
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

I'm not sure what you would be worried about, but the woman sounds like a crook from the story you presented. She's responsible for organizing a venue, collecting money, and then paying the staff, but she somehow comes up short *every* *time*? Mind you, this is pure speculation based solely on what you presented here, but it sounds like she's pocketing money that should be going to the people who have the least ability to hold her accountable. I'll also bet whatever money is supposed to go to the business itself is correct to the penny. The "nicest, sweetest person alive" thing is the perfect cover. No one would suspect a sweet lady like her of embezzlement. Only a serious audit of the venues will catch her, though: You'd have to calculate how much the venue should have brought in based on attendance and average food/alcohol take for that size crowd and then compare it to what she reported was taken in.

She might be coming back to talk to you because she's been caught (or is close to being caught) in her new position.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

she said that there were complications with the money order that she received was in too bad of a shape to cash in
      Bullshit,call the cops.

And what's with this "promising" to pay,nobody uses contracts?
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

You never said that did not pay, just not when promised. I would think that if she never paid these people, charges would have been filed. Sounds to me like she was floating the payments.

So what happened Saturday? I am guessing that she wanted to hire you. If you agree, payment up front.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          So what happened Saturday? I am guessing that she wanted to hire you. If you agree, payment up front.
          I was worried for nothing. She just wanted to see one of the bands that played that night, and said 'good seeing you' to us when she left.
          My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Working...
          X