This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so confused.

Our restaurant manager left for a new job recently. One of the supervisors who has been in the job for a couple years applied. This supervisor is competent, hard working, and a great candidate for the position, so naturally, based on normal workplace logic, he shouldn't have a chance in hell of getting the promotion.

But he did. They announced it today.

This goes against our strict policy of only promoting idiots and hiring morons from outside the company.

I don't understand what's going on. It's like black is white. Next thing I know cats and dogs will be living together in harmony.

The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Max and Maggie lived together in harmony - once she taught that dog who was the ruler of the house.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

MADNESS!! MADNESS I SAY!!
        Last edited by Dave1982; 01-09-2011, 03:26 AM. Reason: We don't need to see the picture twice

Comment

You forgot. It requires an exception to prove the rule. Therefore, the promotion of that particular supervisor was ESSENTIAL to the IIM's (Idiots In Management) to keep their positions.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
            You forgot. It requires an exception to prove the rule. Therefore, the promotion of that particular supervisor was ESSENTIAL to the IIM's (Idiots In Management) to keep their positions.
            QFT Unfortunately, because he's awesome, they'll fire him and keep the others.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth jedikuonji View Post
              Next thing I know cats and dogs will be living together in harmony.
              Bill Murray linky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

Comment

OHGAWDOHGAWDOHGAWDOHGAWDOHGAWDOHGAWD

Cats and Dogs snuggling, good people being promoted...

BF cleaning this weekend on his own accord...

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD

*runs*

"You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Relax, people. The cosmos is intact. How do I know?

I took today off (our office is open on MLK Day) because the buses are running on Saturday schedule, which sucks, and also there is usually very bad weather as well, as in freezing rain, making it nearly impossible to walk safely.

It was cold today, but dry. Tomorrow it's going to rain. And then get cold. So it will freeze solid and turn the sidewalks into skating rinks, just in time for me to go back to work.

See? The universe had its little joke on me. Ha. Ha.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

He is being set up as fall guy. He will be blamed for everything that is not under his control, and fired for it. This will there by prove that they should not promote internally.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                    X