Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

craft show AAAaHHHHH! (Dial-up warning - image heavy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, the biggest problem I had were the people that didn't bring money
    and tried to get me and my friends to give them stuff for free.
    And the little dog that wandered into our booth, I was on top of the chair freaking out because all of a sudden there was a puppy on my feet.
    Though the cutest was this little boy that ran around our booth, peeking in between the blankets, then he saw this whale I made and grabbed it, going "RAWR RAWR RAWR BROOOOOOO!" and cuddled with it until his mum told him she wouldn't buy it for him.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Your stuff is really cute. I love the dragons. There is a vendor around here in Texas that makes dragon and phoenix plushies very similar to yours and sells them at anime conventions, and they generally get $20-30 per plush I think, so your pricing seems fine. I also second what someone said earlier about making sure not to underprice anything -- people will think it's junk and not buy it. I make chainmail jewelry, and when I was researching how much to price some of my pieces, I read about some people who would price basic aluminum bracelets for $10-12 and they never sold, and when they bumped the prices up to $18-20 for the exact same pieces, they sold so fast they couldn't make them fast enough.

Speaking of anime cons, consider getting a table at one of those if you have one in your area. You don't have to do prints or posters or even anime-related stuff to sell at them. The vendor I mentioned that sells dragons at anime cons seems to do pretty well whenever I see them. Cons are nice because they're inside and tables/chairs are generally provided, so all you really have to bring is your merchandise and anything you want to use to set stuff up like wire frame cubes or displays.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking of going to some of the conventions and such.
        Thanks for the compliments on my stuff.
        I think my biggest thing right now is that I do commissions, which a lot of people around here don't do, so that's good for me.
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
          I make crochet screen cleaner octopuses...
          Have you seen the octopi sketches that Jennie has recently been posting on Sundays?
          Devil's Panties 2010/10/31
          Devil's Panties 2010/11/07
          Devil's Panties 2010/11/14
          Devil's Panties 2010/11/21
          Devil's Panties 2010/11/28
          Devil's Panties 2010/12/05
          Devil's Panties 2010/12/12
          Devil's Panties 2010/12/25
          Devil's Panties 2011/01/09
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X