Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

craft show AAAaHHHHH! (Dial-up warning - image heavy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Aethian View Post
    I want the dragon... the purple gem is soooo cute.
    I do take commissions

Also, these pics are HUUUUGE! I didn't know they were so massive when I put them on my blog...please let me know if I need to resize them or whatever.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Resizing might be good, but I don't mind. :P

I'll have to wait till October when I do the majority of Christmas shopping and can do some for gifts for friends who love dragons.

Comment

Yes, please resize them.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I would love an octopuses for my daughter. She's almost 5 months and is in the chewing on everything stage, plus starting to teeth. She already has a seahorse and 2 of my penguins that she "talks" to, I'm always looking fo rnew "friends" for her.
          Last edited by kpzra; 09-06-2010, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
            I would love an octopuses for my daughter. She's almost 5 months and is in the chewing on everything stage, plus starting to teeth. She already has a seahorse and 2 of my penguins that she "talks" to, I'm always looking fo rnew "friends" for her.
            Send me a PM and I'll give you my blog address so you can see my baby octopidders
            Your daughter sounds adorable, I love making things that people will love
            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*

Comment

Your stuff is amazing!!

I think you could stand to go higher on the octopidders (such a cute name). People will want to negotiate with you, so leave yourself some room for a profit.

I hope the craft show goes well for you.

Comment

I think you're pricing them low. Basically, given the quality, you're pricing them to compete with other toys that people could buy in the stores, not as hand-crafted items. If you are doing this deliberately, go for it. I'd give the rant about not undercutting people by undervaluing your work, but with crafts it's a bit of a lost cause.

Comment

I guess they might be a bit low priced, but I was kind of pricing them at what I could afford...although considering I'm unemployed and basically homeless...maybe I could raise prices a bit. Any suggestions?

Comment

Depending on the size of the dragons I would spend 10 to 20 on one. Again thats depending on size, can't get a real good idea on what size they are from the picture.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      Depending on the size of the dragons I would spend 10 to 20 on one. Again thats depending on size, can't get a real good idea on what size they are from the picture.
                      Dragons are 18 inches long and have a 10 inch wingspan (with wings curled). I sell them for $25, but I also allow for a lot of customization for them. Horns, claws, etc.

Comment

Yea that's what I would pay for one, customization should have added charge however.

Comment

Depending on the customizations, I might add a charge.
                          However, I do four-legged dragons too, for the same price.
                          I'd hate to freak out the person I am working on a dragon for right now by upping the price, so I'll change it later.

Comment

Yea never want to up a price on someon you already have a deal with.

Comment

Yeah, I figured it would be for the best.
                              I have a box full of faceless octopidders right now, maybe I should finish them...eh.
                              I was talking to my husband about all the commissions I've been getting and he's excited...like "You get a room just for your crafts when we get a house" excited.
                              He bought me a camera for my crafts already too.

What I meant by custom being the same price, was color (of fabric I have), choice of horns/ears/tails/eye color. Collars are free, but I generally pick what that is. And I just recently changed my leg style so I could do four legs, and they look much nicer than the stubbies.

Comment

Remember that you're selling largely to middle class people. $25 is pocket change.
                                Seshat's self-help guide:
                                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                                X