Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Is it normal that these Rifts backfire like that?" Luigi asks.

He looks around the group.

"Has anyone been hurt?"
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

(ooc: Gonna do some retro posting since I missed a bit)

Chris steps through the wormhole behind everyone else mildly surprised to find that his power source hasn't drained. While the others speculate about the origin of rifts and such he/she pulls out the pocket watch again and opens it looking at it. The crystal appears to be completely black instead of its usual clear color with a dark center. "This is all certainly quite odd." About that time the rift is closed send out the shock wave. Chris is thrown a few feet from where she was standing landing in a snowdrift. He stands up dusting off and bends over to retrieve his thermos when he realizes that he is himself again. He gives a sheepish grin "Well this is awkward."

The others would see Christina blown away and land in a snow drift, and Christopher stand up in her place.

Comment

"That is strange," Luigi remarks. "From woman to man in a single moment. Androgenous, possibly. Ma'am, sir, uh, Chris. Are you all right?"

Comment

Chris nods, "I'm fine, actually, better now that I look like me again. The other me, Christina, is a result of using my ability." He shakes his head as if to clear his thoughts, "My real name is Christopher, but I've always gone by Chris... and so did she..." He trails off.

Comment

Simon is knocked down into a snowdrift by the backlash of the Rift's closure, but when he rises, his Shard is still glowing brightly in his eye socket. As he gets back up, his skin is still glowing brightly. He's grimacing. "Damn damn damn damn," he mutters, sounding strained. "Got a bit of an overload," he says, and turns away from the others, firing off a number of fast pulses of telekinetic energy into the air, not aiming at anything specifically. Once he's stabilized, the glow in his skin fades, though his Shard is still glowing brightly. "...better," he sighs.

He turns back and blinks as he sees Christopher standing back up. He looks him up and down, and then nods. "...interesting," is all the scientist says. He puts his eye-patch back on, though the glow from his eye-Shard is still evident beneath it. To Luigi's question about the Rifts, he says, "To the best of my knowledge, no Rift has behaved like that one. And I certainly don't recall many closing in that manner."

He frowns. "This is troubling. Thus far, Rifts have always deposited whatever they were going to deposit, then close themselves and leave behind a Shard. More to the point, there's normally a Sleeper involved, and they certainly don't repower Shards like that." He sighs. "Great. I'll have to completely rewrite my equations. I hate it when a constant becomes a variable."
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

"Perhaps there's a magnifying agent?" Lugi suggests. "Something to empower this particular Rift that isn't present normally. Say, as a possibility, that something around here has some psychic ability." He turns to Chris. "Simon strikes me as a scientist, and I am a medical professional. Are you scientifically minded, as well?"

Luigi looks around to see if there are any further snow men around. If they are still there, he will watch them. If they are not, he will slowly begin looking around for a shard.
              Last edited by Kristev; 05-23-2012, 12:38 AM.

Comment

"Actually I'm a law student at Michigan University and a gamer geek." He gives a slight grin. "If these things always leave behind a shard shouldn't we be looking for the shard this one left?"

Comment

With the Rift Sight, tracking down a Shard would take mere moments. It would have otherwise taken years to comb through a mountain looking for something no bigger then the tip of a pinky. Of course without it's sleeper, the shard is without power...and it doesn't seem to be recharging even slowly like most shards. ((Shards are useless to others (normally), only its sleeper can activate or use it)). It has a carving on it (also odd) of what looks like to be a wave.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"I am a scientist," Simon confirms. "Theoretical physics. One of the many particle geeks hoping to be the one to find the Higgs boson." Then he looks away, looking troubled, "Or I was, until I ... kind of broke... Long Island."

Simon pulls his eye-patch up long enough to find the Shard, digging into the snow and pulling the object up. He frowns as he looks at it. "Strange," he says. "Of course, Shards don't have power without their Sleeper," he notes aloud, "but they still do recharge themselves like all Shards do. This one isn't."

He holds it out so they can see it as he turns it over with a finger, finding the carving. "...also odd. None of the Shards I've seen have had any decoration like this."
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Chris takes a look at the shard, "Maybe it ran itself entirely out of power super charging us?"

Comment

Over the radio "We are sending transport, but this one might be easy..might not be. A Rift has opened in Alaska. We have a second sun forming there now..no other signs of anything dangerous though..yet."

Transport arrives. Bronson shakes his head "Another Rift this quick? Wow. Also..what the heck are we going to do with this mountain? I can probably shake it down I guess. Then bring in clean up crew to clear away the rubble..."
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Simon frowns at the word of another Rift. "So soon? Highly unusual." He grimaces and pulls out a smart phone from his parka pocket, punching in his data. "I'll send this back to my computers at the lab, see if I can get some projections going."

He shrugs to Bronson. "I just study them and do what I can to stop them getting out of control. Clean-up's always been up to other people. Good luck."

Simon steps up as transport arrives, ready to depart.

Comment

Chris sighs, "I suppose we better take that rift sealing thingy with us then?" He joins Simon waiting on the transport.

Comment

Luigi looks at the wave-like pattern on the shard.

"It makes me think of water. This is very strange, though I don't know very much about these Rifts."

Luigi is worried as he finally understands what happened to Long Island, and that he's in the presence of the cause. Still, he holds his tongue despite a sudden shiver of nervousness.

"A second sun? In Alaska? That is something we do not need to see! Strange. Water first, fire next. Any bets on earth or air for the third one?"

Luigi also joins the others, waiting for the transport.
                              Last edited by Kristev; 05-23-2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

At the mention of a third rift Chris glares daggers at Luigi, "I would like to go home some times this century. Let's hope this second rift is the last for awhile."

Comment

Working...
                                X