X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy complaint

First some background information pertaining to this post:

The visitor parking garage at the university I work at as a contract visitor parking attendant was renovated to add 2 more levels inside the garage. Level one is for visitors. Levels 2 & 3 are for university employees having reserved parking. Each parking spot is numbered, & each number is assigned to a particular university staff member. There is a gate before you get to the 2nd level, & you have to have an access card to get up to the 2nd level. There is a gate arm next to the visitor parking booth, & a gate arm acros from the visitor parking booth. According to the Manager of Parking & Transportation Services, the gate arm across from the visitor parking booth has to be raised from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday through Friday. There is a problem with this....
    Visitors, guests having a reserved spot inside Visitor parking, & students enter through the open lane too. So as of today, one of the parking office employees want me to keep that gate arm down. I am to only raise the gate arm for university employees having a parking tag hanging on their rear view window. There are problems with this...
    • Not every university employee has their parking tag hanging from their rear view mirror
    • I cannot see the front of their parking tag when they pull up to the outside gate. I only see the side, & so I cannot tell if that person is an employee or a student.
    • The cars of several employees parking levels 2 & 3 as well as people parking in Visitor parking have darkly tinted windows, & so I cannot see anything

My job responsibilities are...
    • To monitor the exit gate to visitor parking for anyone having a problem exiting. If the person is having a problem, I have to walk up to the exit gate & assist the customer
    • Assist customers at the visitor parking booth window
    • Raise the outside gate arm for university employees to enter the garage

So here is the complaint I received from the parking office...

A university employee who parks on level 2 or 3 e-mailed the parking office stating that she waited 5 to 10 minutes at the outside gate before I raised it. No other information was given.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 03-29-2012, 10:39 PM.

Having worked in parking, your stories fascinate me with the depths of the cluelessness of those above you... I'm amazed you're able to stick working there!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
    X