X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of years ago we had an employee named Tom Shaw

Comment

I thought I had posted this already but I don't see it...

I went to highschool with a James Kirk (not T. Kirk). I'm 22 so he's too young for that to be an accident!
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Almost forgot about these.

My cousin is Buck Rogers.

One of my business teachers in college was Margaret Hamilton
        (same name as the actress who played the Wicked Witch of the West in Wizard of Oz). And yes, she lived up to the part, several of us at one time or another wanted to throw a bucket of water over her to see if she'd melt.

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I had a boss around ten years ago named Craig Fergusson.

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

I worked for a guy named Mac Sennet. Absolutely no sense of humor - he was Egyptian and owned several dry cleaners. Oh the comedy potential of the machine that hung and moved the clothing.

[His real name was Mohammad, but back in the 50s when he came over people decided to call him Mac]
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

One of our newish employees is named the same as a BTTC (british Touring Championship - car racing) champion.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I share a name with a famous (and very weird) movie director from Baltimore.

Some of the mis-directed e-mails I get are interesting to say the least.

B
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

The marketing person at the mall where my store is located is named Dee Snyder. I know the spelling is off, and she's a female and all, but every time I get memos from her I start to hear "We're not gonna take it..." in my head

It also cracked me up to get an email from her telling me that I won a door prize this weekend... a facial. I just imagine this guy sitting at a desk in the mall office emailing the winners about their facials and hair cuts at the day spa and salon up the street.

Comment

We had a Jennifer Lopez working at our store. I never saw her, but I would here her being paged overhead a couple of times a day.

Comment

In 2001, I was living in Arizona, and worked as night manager for a 24 hr fast food restaurant.

Kit Carson was a regular, he drove a blue Jeep CJ-7

Teddy Kennedy drove a scuffed up white Oldsmobile, and admitted he had a problem with alcohol..

Comment

When I worked at the Mall of Wart, I waited on a Dick Van Dyke. No, not that one, but given the area, I could have gotten his brother!
                        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I have met and waited on (and even hung out with) many famous people. None of the following, however, are famous people, they just share names with famous people.

I went to college with a Steve Austin...or as I called him, the Six Million Dollar Architect. (That what he was majoring in....)
                          Also in college, one of the guys that worked at the radio station with me was Sam Adams. No relation, though, unless that family got MUCH darker later on!
                          One of the servers at the restaurant where I do magic is very white and very much not a Hall of Fame football player, but IS named Marcus Allen.
                          This is more a local Phoenix thing: a friend of mine here in Key West shares the name of a radio personality in Phoenix: Bruce Kelly. For people from Phoenix, this is hilarious. For the rest of you, feel free to continue staring blankly.

I have waited on/worked for/worked with several John Kennedy's, a Gerald Ford, a Ron Reagan, a John Holmes (an annual tourist at my bar), a Paul Allen, a Jimmy Carter, and probably several others I am blanking on.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
                            I share a name with a famous (and very weird) movie director from Baltimore.

Some of the mis-directed e-mails I get are interesting to say the least.

B
                            Hah! I'll bet.

My friend has run into JW at a couple different music venues on a few occasions. I don't think he really had much of a chance to talk with him though.

Also, I have a famous name as well. I share an actor's name; however, not many people, especially in my generation and after, know who he is. I'll get the occasional comment on it.

On top of that, the name is extremely common, to the point where if I enter it in Wikipedia, it returns 20 entries.

(Googling my name, in quotes at that, returns over 3 million!)
                            Last edited by Lachrymose; 04-02-2012, 03:41 AM.

Comment

We had a Tom Hanks stay at a hotel where I worked on an island several years ago. They told me that the year before, there had been a Pamela Anderson, and all the guys had lined up to see her get off the boat. She was in her 80s.
                              "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                              Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Working...
                              X